DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

[extension] Encumbrance Tweak Extension

B9's Encumbrance Tweak on Forge
    bratch9 profile on Forge

RULESET : 5E

This extension is designed to allow adjustment to the normal STR *5, *10, *15, *30 values, creature size and other factors of the encumbrance calculation.

It provides a configuration window on the host sidebar that allows these values to be modified and will update all the characters encumbrance values.

Also includes the ability to have per-character setting for these values, which is enabled with an 'Edit' button on the host view of the character sheet.

Added support for,
    Aspect Of The Bear, By Bratch Nine
    5E Auto Encumbrance, By John Waite, Rob Twohy
    Kit'N'Kaboodle, By MeAndUnique
    5E - Floating Character Sheet Tabs, By ScriedRaven
    Better Menus, By celestian

Version Releases.
    1.6 - Updated to try and stop ghost chat messages from 5E Auto Encumbrance.
    1.5 - Updated for changes in mattekure's 5E Auto Encumbrance.
    1.4 - Updated due to 'ruleset' changes.
    1.3 - Updated for the new 'ruleset' version of 'Aspect of the Bear' code changes.
    1.2 - Added support for "better menus" and "floating tabs"
    1.1 - Added additional compatibility with mattekure's 5E Auto Encumbrance.
    1.0 - Added 'additional' encumbrance control values.
    0.2 - Added creature size, 'Powerful Build' and 'Aspect Of The Bear' values adjustment.
    0.1 - Initial release with support for normal STR *5, *10, *15, *30 values adjustment.
    Last edited by bratch9; May 22nd, 2022 at 12:18. Reason: version release

I just picked this up and it seems to do exactly what it purports to do.

Good work.

This extension was updated to take in to account the size of the creature and also the Powerful Build trait. So, it offers a lot of flexibility for groups that observe encumbrance rules and there's no reason not to on a VTT where it's all taken care of automatically.

Fantastic work.

Now, we only need an option for non-biped creatures. 4-legged+ creatures can carry a lot more than bi-peds!

I've been testing this some more and I've finally run in to a problem.

Everything works extremely well for PCs, but for NPCs, tweaking their encumbrance values isn't taking. However, I need to do some extensive testing to see if it's a conflict with another extension.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I've been testing this some more and I've finally run in to a problem.

Everything works extremely well for PCs, but for NPCs, tweaking their encumbrance values isn't taking. However, I need to do some extensive testing to see if it's a conflict with another extension.
    I dont do any thing for NPC, unless it calls the normal character calculations in the back ground.

Do you have a test campaign you could attach/upload that has a PC,NPC, some non-biped and 4 legged mix. I need to take a look to see if these already have traits that allow me to spot the type ( and a note if you added anything to mark this or not already etc.. )

Thanks, Pete

[edit: just done a quick 5e ruleset check, and I dont see encubrance for NPC, is this from a different mod ? or something... what location are you looking on npc for this.. ]
    Last edited by bratch9; November 5th, 2021 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post

[edit: just done a quick 5e ruleset check, and I dont see encubrance for NPC, is this from a different mod ? or something... what location are you looking on npc for this.. ]
    It must be another extension if you're not seeing it. I'm not 100% sure which one it is (but I'm confident it's 1 of 3 that I have in mind). I'll see if I can nail down exactly which one is adding the functionality to NPC sheets.

It must be another extension if you're not seeing it. I'm not 100% sure which one it is (but I'm confident it's 1 of 3 that I have in mind). I'll see if I can nail down exactly which one is adding the functionality to NPC sheets.
    Release V1.0 which should resolve this issue.

Let me know if you have any problems with it etc.

-pete

Release V1.0 which should resolve this issue.

Let me know if you have any problems with it etc.

-pete
    The conflict was corrected AND you implemented all the functionality I could have asked for.

The work you've done meets absolutely every need I (and probably everyone else) had in regard to encumbrance.

Thanks again.

For those of you needing a more robust extension that allows you to completely customize encumbrance values -- this is it.
    Last edited by BushViper; November 8th, 2021 at 07:14.

The conflict was corrected AND you implemented all the functionality I could have asked for.

The work you've done meets absolutely every need I (and probably everyone else) had in regard to encumbrance.

Thanks again.

For those of you needing a more robust extension that allows you to completely customize encumbrance values -- this is it.
    Thanks for the feedback.

It was interesting playing with Kit'N'Kaboodle, because I wanted the dynamic changes to show on NPC that were not even on the combat tracker... So you can go in to NPC use 'Kit' to give it some default equipment and can set a custom encumbrance set for that NPC in the module. Then when you drag it to the combat tracker, these values for kit and encumbrance values get moved over and you can then do local changes to that specific NPC on the combat tracker.

Trying to make sure everything keeps updated either with its personal version of encumbrance or the global settings was a bit of a pain to get consistent. ( And I might have missed the odd case. )

On top of this, I've also made sure NPC on the combat tracker also get the 'Auto encumbrance' effect(s) as well. ( Not sure if you spotted that.. )

With this, even at worse case, you could set personal encumbrance and set all the multipliers to '1' and just use the 'additional' parts to the values you want.

Let me know if you find any other issues/conflicts/extensions that change stuff I might need to add support for.

-pete

On top of this, I've also made sure NPC on the combat tracker also get the 'Auto encumbrance' effect(s) as well. ( Not sure if you spotted that.. )

With this, even at worse case, you could set personal encumbrance and set all the multipliers to '1' and just use the 'additional' parts to the values you want.

Let me know if you find any other issues/conflicts/extensions that change stuff I might need to add support for.

-pete
    Yep, I did notice it. I'm glad you were able to integrate support for that ext in to your own as auto-encumbrance is an important piece of my extension suite.

Thread Information