Starfinder Playlist

Missing Data and Bad Organization: D20 Modern

So I bought the D20 Modern package, was super excited to get it. Then life got in the way and I forgot I grabbed it. So I boot up Fantasy Grounds and remember I had it, make a new game and start to work on things and I noticed some stuff. First, The races are missing from the Urban Arcana, No Shadowkind is in there to use. All the classes are, but the Races are a no go. Second, There is no organization by book. Its all lumped together like its all one solid book, So you cant separate anything You have to know the game going in. I know its 7 Years old, I know its not everyone's top choice. But this is a game I was really looking forward to playing again and now, I am stuck with missing Data and a badly organized Mod. Is there a way the missing Data could be added back in?
    Last edited by Brimstone1117; October 21st, 2021 at 23:08.

Hi Brimstone 1117,

Sorry for your experience with d20 Modern. I took over the maintenance of the d20 Modern ruleset (to keep it running) several years ago. I don't have history of what the original developer did or what his intentions were in regards to the game. The module has always had the same data for as long as I have been involved in it. So it's less about missing data and more about what the original developer included. The d20 game is actually almost 20 years old and according to the wiki page about it, Urban Arcana was actually a different book that came after the original d20 Modern Roleplaying Game that released on November 1, 2002. While I cannot know for certain, I suspect that the original developer of this added some of the Urban Arcana materials in a light summary way so people could build upon it but the Fantasy Grounds product is for the ruleset and the base rules only.

As far as the organization, I agree - it doesn't seem to fit with the current development standard but that is likely due to the fact that it was developed so long ago. I am not sure if/when this product will be refreshed as there are no current source materials for it. I think it is meant to as a base unit that people can use to run a d20 Modern game without a lot of deluxe features (thus why it sells for $9.99 when most rulesets are much more expensive).

Again, I do apologize for the experience you are having and hopefully you can still have an enjoyable game, despite the challenges.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

The issue is it has Info from the Urban Arcana in it. It has all the Classes from it but none of the Shadowkind races While the organization can be understood cause of time, Leaving out the data for the Shadowkind races is rather a big deal because it says Urban Arcana is included with it, This would mean the Shadowkind races. 9.99 or not, it is still missing rather important data. It also says that Urban Arcana info is included.
    Last edited by Brimstone1117; October 22nd, 2021 at 02:45.

@Brimstone1117 - To confirm - what you're looking for is this SRD data to be included as a information only record in the d20 modern data library? The data won't have any drag/drop functionality (that isn't in the ruleset), so it can only be an informational record that can be referred to and any relevant data manually applied to the PC.

This SRD data? https://spellbooksoftware.com/d20mrsd/urbankind.html
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No Drag and Drop is fine. But the fact that simple things like the Dragonblood Human, Shadow touched Human and everything else here https://www.d20resources.com/arcana.d20.srd/shadowkind/ is missing. THey put in the classes from the Urban arcana, but not any of the race options. I am not worried about drag and drop, But this missing Info.

Thread Information