5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Sacred Flame deals damage even after successful save roll

What could be the reason that my player's Sacred Flame deals the damage fully even if the target saves successfully?
    Pic.jpg

In the Spell/Ability Use box, make sure you click on the cycler box so that it says Half Damage on Save.

Regards,
    JPG

Sacred Flame is an all-or-nothing spell, so the player should only click the damage button if the target fails its save.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    In the Spell/Ability Use box, make sure you click on the cycler box so that it says Half Damage on Save.

Regards,
    JPG
    As humby stated, the spell does no damage if the save is successful. I thought that the "-" in the On Save - Damage meant no damage on save. Is it as humby wrote, that FGU does not enable automation in spells with full damage on failed save and no damage on successful save?

Blog Entries
    Just don't click to roll damage, then no damage will be applied. Or have the GM change the option Remove on Miss set to Multi so that any targets that make the save will no longer be targeted when the damage is rolled.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No, it is assumed that the damage is not rolled if the player misses.

There is an option that can be set by each player to de-target on miss, but it is set to only de-target on miss by default if multiple targets selected. It can be changed as an option for that player to always de-target on miss.

Regards,
    JPG

But would changing that option then stuff up “half damage on a miss” spells?

No, it won't de-target on successful save if the half damage on miss setting is on that spell.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information