5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

2021-11 Ruleset: Small sidebar buttons no longer have tooltips

The small sidebar buttons (Combat Tracker, Party Sheet, Calendar, etc.) don't appear to have tooltips any longer, which may make it harder for newer users to identify them.

On a separate note, the collapsible sidebar categories are a really nice improvement. Have you considered changing any of the small buttons at the top (e.g. Combat Tracker) to be the same style as the other buttons? For example, Options and Colors could move to a "Settings" category.

5E ruleset v2021-11-15
    FGU v4.1.10

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Have you considered changing any of the small buttons at the top (e.g. Combat Tracker) to be the same style as the other buttons? For example, Options and Colors could move to a "Settings" category.
    +1 from me on this. Those buttons are often a bit out of place in some themes/rulesets. Something like the new sidebar would be very much appreciated in terms of visuals and accessibility.
    Last edited by Zarestia; October 21st, 2021 at 18:00. Reason: changed quote

We actually considered making a "Tools" category similar to the other categories; and moving all the buttons there as standard option. However, the amount of change was already very high in this part of the UI and code; so deferred for now.

JPG

The tooltips are now fixed with the update I just pushed.

Regards,
    JPG

I agree, having a separate tools category would be great and make the entire sidebar more consistent. Even if it comes a little later, I love the new sidebar concept.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We actually considered making a "Tools" category similar to the other categories; and moving all the buttons there as standard option. However, the amount of change was already very high in this part of the UI and code; so deferred for now.
    Awesome, that makes sense, thanks for the reply and glad to hear its been considered!

I just have to say I love this new collapsible sidebar

Thread Information