FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @celestian,
    I added the random encounter link drop to encounter support in the latest beta version of CoreRPG.
    Awesome thanks
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So far I've been very impressed by the work, the sidebar is a huge improvement and the builder will allow many folks to produce professional-looking content.

However, one issue I have is with Reference Manuals.

The widths have changed of the content list (chapters etc) and the page. The content list has been made wider, and the bar between content list wider to fit the new 'collapse the content list' (nice feature btw).

This has meant that all images of 550px are being truncated (headers and main images).

Also more worrying is that images that are set to be smaller than 550 (some larger maps for example set to 375 x height) are increased to 550 if they are that size or bigger on disk.

Plus I've also noticed that in LIVE the image is one size, and in TEST the same image is a bit larger, meaning the reduced width of the page is even more of an issue.

I've got an attachment showing the TEST (at the top) compared to the LIVE (at the bottom).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Lovin the Reference Builder so far; I was able to get most of the way through overhauling the Weird War 1 Player's Guide yesterday for an upcoming game. My only gripe is that the chapter/sub-chapter headings aren't pages that you can put information in themselves and/or you can't create sub-pages because I'd love to see a 2nd place in the sorting hierarchy that could hold information. Edges are a great example of where this would be handy; a summary page at the 2nd sub-chapter level, and then the categories nested below it as 6 pages on the 3rd level vs the summary and 6 pages all being at the 3rd level together. I'm assuming there's a bunch more stuff you can do with xml but I honestly wouldn't even know where to start. Either way, I love the fact that I can finally make setting books without having to figure out anything besides copy/paste.

The index is setup with a 3 step system. You might want to raise the edges to a higher level as a page themselves.

Here I simply added 4 spaces to create the illusion of additional organization.
    capture.png

You also gain access to two more layers of organization with the header block and using the title header within text blocks. So there is further organizational levels.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The index is setup with a 3 step system. You might want to raise the edges to a higher level as a page themselves.
    I'm already at the page level with them, the issue is more so that the first 2 steps are purely for sorting so you're at the bottom step of that index before you can put information in.
    https://imgur.com/To6z7qn
    If I could enter information at the 2nd step too I would only need to go down 2 steps instead of 3 in most cases, so it could just be Characters-->Hindrances, instead of Character-->Hindrances-->Hindrances, leaving that 3rd step for when I want it for something like edges. It's purely the way I like to organize things, and that 4 space trick works well enough to trick my brain so thanks for all the suggestions

I've noticed an odd behavior, or interaction. Author now imports Story entries into the Builder as it allows for more features when creating the ref-manual... but I've noticed if a image is linked in the normal Author style (any single link to a image) and the image is a multi-layer map it adds/adjusts the records in the builder.

Here is what it looks like. You'll note the "blank" image above the link that Builder created.

You can see the record entries here. The red box is where I expect the record to be... and it would be for a normal single layer image. Builder added the "picture" frame entry and moved the link there.

Here is a single layer in the builder.

The record for this one is.

Is this the expected behavior moving forward? Before this rev linking a multi-layer image simply showed as a link, not inline. What is the best way to dynamically determine if an imagine is multi-layer to avoid this extra record entry?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Following up on the above I found it's not builder at all but...

local nAssetX, nAssetY = Interface.getAssetSize(sAsset);

That function returns 0, 0 if the image is not a flat image.

Further shows that my sAsset from local sAsset = DB.getText(w.getDatabaseNode(), "image", ""); wasn't valid if the image was multi-layer.

Not sure if this was a thing before the changes on Test but I've built a work-a-round for now to do what I expected, just create a link to a image, not an inline image.
    Last edited by celestian; December 7th, 2021 at 00:11.
    ---

I noticed that in TEST channel, <font name="reference-bi"> is no longer taken into effect by FGU.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I double checked and the font is available in CoreRPG. Where are you seeing issue with this font?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I double checked and the font is available in CoreRPG. Where are you seeing issue with this font?
    We are preparing Alien/Vaesen rulesets for the new release and while I was merging and reviewing the changes done by Moon Wizards (thanks for the support!) I noticed that the font is no longer rendering correctly. SVN is updated with latest code from my side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information