Fallout 2

Tales of Critical Fails

So I think Critical Fails make for some of the best role playing moments, especially when they aren't combat related.

Here is a screen shot of one from my game tonight.

At a crucial juncture when the player wanted his character, a pastor, to reassure an NPC with the power of prayer, the juxtaposition couldn't be more ironic or sweet.

PXL_20211021_031121358.jpg
    Rulesets:
    GURPS 4th Edition, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, Savage Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Classic D&D, 5e Essentials

Ultimate License Holder

Campaigns:
    GURPS: A homebrew mystery set in the 19th century where the PCs are pitted against nefarious forces set on bringing the dead to life.

Niiice!

How did it play out?

Lol I ruled that the NPC was simply traumatized by the botched effort. And now felt utterly marked.

What was hilarious is that as the player rolled the dice, I made some ****y comment about making a slip of the tongue and saying "Oh Great Dark One.."

And he rolled the crit!
    Rulesets:
    GURPS 4th Edition, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, Savage Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Classic D&D, 5e Essentials

Ultimate License Holder

Campaigns:
    GURPS: A homebrew mystery set in the 19th century where the PCs are pitted against nefarious forces set on bringing the dead to life.

Thread Information