DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SWADE/SWD Errors

Loading SWADE or SWD when I click on Stories, the stories are all gone and I get this error pop up (also pops up when I click on other side menu items). No extensions loaded.

testbug1.png

Also when trying to load Modules, clicking Activation pops open the Module window, throws this error and the module window is empty.

testbug2.png
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; October 23rd, 2021 at 13:30.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to new thread, not related to thread it was posted in. As always, new errors should be in a new thread to facilitate discussion and resolution.

What modules do you have loaded? Is this a new or existing campaign?
    Do you have any extensions loaded? If s, disable them as they are expected to be broken until the author updates them to these changes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As I stated in the OP, no extensions loaded. Not a new campaign.

EDIT: Also not going to test it with a new campaign, this is a module I am working on in the FG store - can't start again from scratch.

Blog Entries
    Ah, missed the part about no extensions, sorry about that. I don't have those rulesets so will need to wait for someone else to investigate.

I would be reluctant to work on any commercial products in the Test channel. There is ALWAYS the possibility that the test channel might change data formats and those changes not be put into production, therefore corrupting and ruining what you are working on. A tiny chance, but one none the less.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Ah, missed the part about no extensions, sorry about that. I don't have those rulesets so will need to wait for someone else to investigate.

I would be reluctant to work on any commercial products in the Test channel. There is ALWAYS the possibility that the test channel might change data formats and those changes not be put into production, therefore corrupting and ruining what you are working on. A tiny chance, but one none the less.
    No worries.

I know it's a bad idea, but I do have a good reason for it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    No worries.

I know it's a bad idea, but I do have a good reason for it
    I've built all my projects in Test channel, far as I know. But the current Test build has some new features and potential for data restructuring so at a minimum I'd recommend copying your campaign into your Live folder as well and double check that the exact same stuff you have does work over there. I don't think they've issued any specific guidelines for us yet in terms of handling and/or migrating our data to the new Test code until it's ready for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I've built all my projects in Test channel, far as I know. But the current Test build has some new features and potential for data restructuring so at a minimum I'd recommend copying your campaign into your Live folder as well and double check that the exact same stuff you have does work over there. I don't think they've issued any specific guidelines for us yet in terms of handling and/or migrating our data to the new Test code until it's ready for release.
    I made a blank SWADE campaign in Test, no extensions. Same problems.

No problems in Live at all.

Blog Entries
    I made a blank SWADE campaign in Test, no extensions. Same problems.

No problems in Live at all.
    But did you try copying your campaign over to Live and testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    But did you try copying your campaign over to Live and testing?
    I copied it from Live to Test in the first place. Are you trying to see if the errors port back to Live? I can give that a go.

I copied it from Live to Test in the first place. Are you trying to see if the errors port back to Live? I can give that a go.
    yeah, works fine when back in Live. This is a Savage Worlds issue with Test methinks.

Thread Information