FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

5E Rolling Mirror (Automatic Mirror Image)

Hello. This is an extension that helps with the Mirror Image spell. It does the following:
    • Adds a Mirror Image effect to the spell (Note: You may need to remove and add the spell again to your character to see this)
    • Automatically rolls to decide if a mirror image is hit
    • Calculates the AC of the images
    • If the creature is hit, the attack applies to him/her
    • If a mirror image is hit, it is killed, and the effect is adjusted (or removed if the last image was killed)
    • Its possible to have up to 19 Mirror Images with this extension
    • Mirror images do not work if the attacker can see through illusions(with truesight, blindsight or tremorsense)
    • No mirror image check if the attacker is blinded
    • The visions distance is taken into account when checking if attacker can see through illusions (If attacker has 10 feet blindsight and attacks from 15 feet away, he does not see through the illusions)

It cannot do the following:
    • Behave as if the attacker was blind if he is in total darkness without darkvision. This is a shortcoming of Fantasy Grounds

This extension is for D&D 5E, and is tested to work with FGU (Fantasy Grounds Unity). If you use the non unity version, the vision related features will (likely) not work. If they do, please tell me!

The repository can be found at https://bitbucket.org/JamMaster/roll...olling_mirror/.

This extension should be compatible with other extensions, but if not, please tell me and I will try to fix it!

Forge link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1053/view
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jammaster; February 15th, 2023 at 22:21.

This ext is working but I had a couple of questions regarding the implementation and its ability to work with another ext. (screen shot showing the issues attached)

1. Implementation: I note that the spell says:" A creature is unaffected by this spell if it can't see, if it relies on senses other than sight, such as blindsight, or if it can perceive illusions as false, as with truesight." Any thought to coding this to turn off if the attacker is blinded, has truesight or has blindsight or tremorsense? It currently does not take these into account.

2. Working with other extensions: There is an ext called Automatic Return Damage by Kent McCullough. It is setup to assist with things like fire shield. It is triggering on every attack whether or not an image is the target/hit. The spell states: "In addition, whenever a creature within 5 feet of you hits you with a melee attack, the shield erupts with flame. " So, it should be turned off if the image it the target. Any chance you could make these work together?

Nice work overall!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; October 28th, 2021 at 13:25.

With some help from nephranka, the extension now respects vision impairments/enhancements as the spell describes. Thank you!

Great work! A worthy addition to my extensive extension list

Edit: You can add that it works with tremorsense as well.
    Last edited by nephranka; October 31st, 2021 at 14:34.

Good Day Jammaster
    Thank you for this! I have a paid mirror image extension that is not even close to this one!! The way you made it work with the various visions is incredible!!

Is it possible we can add tremorsense to the list of visions that would see through the mirror images?

Yes should be no problem. However, i have not found it among the other built-in visions, which makes me wonder if there are more things like this that would have the same effect.

It is not in the senses that you can code but it is listed a sense for monster (like xorn). I don't know if that factor matters?

Tremorsense will now bypass the mirror image effect. Beware, thath if the caster is flying or in some other way avoids creating ground vibrations, tremorsense does not help. Since tremorsense is super rare, and its even rarer to encounter creatures that dont create vibrations, i do not plan to implement this special case.

Quote Originally Posted by jammaster View Post
    Tremorsense will now bypass the mirror image effect. Beware, thath if the caster is flying or in some other way avoids creating ground vibrations, tremorsense does not help. Since tremorsense is super rare, and its even rarer to encounter creatures that dont create vibrations, i do not plan to implement this special case.
    Cool. I totally get it. There are diminishing returns to so levels of automation and some things just need to handled in the moment. Thanks!

Thread Information