STAR TREK 2d20

Sharing map and module data

So i've purchased the Sandpoint setting and the Rise of the Runelords anniversary module.

I noticed that there was some duplication and of course that the setting module is after the Rise modules. So I decided to disable the setting for now and just use the Runelords module.

I have an issue and I'm not sure if it's FG or something I'm not doing correctly.

When I share the map with the players it no longer has the index and numbers on it but instead has pinned information. I thought well that's ok I'll just share the info. The only problem is when a PC clicks on the pin it gives them an error saying they need the module information shared. That would be fine but when I do that, it gives them everything, all the encounters, story etc.

Why if I share the map and share the pins do I need to share the module information?

As an alternative, I've grabbed the worldbuilder extension and am manually converting the pin data from the module to worldbuilder.

Did I miss something somewhere?

Thanks.

P.S. Worldbuilder rocks..

P.P.S. still looking but does anyone know off the top of their head, how far after ROTRL is the Sandpoint setting set? Thanks.

Welcome to the FG forums!

Quote Originally Posted by celebrindal View Post
    Why if I share the map and share the pins do I need to share the module information?
    You're showing the pins only, not the data that the pins point to. If the pin points to data that the players don't usually have access to, then you'll need to share the records that the pin points to. Click on the link to open a record, then right-click -> Sharing -> Share Record
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That’s what I thought as well but even after doing that it still wants access to the module.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

You're showing the pins only, not the data that the pins point to. If the pin points to data that the players don't usually have access to, then you'll need to share the records that the pin points to. Click on the link to open a record, then right-click -> Sharing -> Share Record

That’s what I thought as well but even after doing that it still wants access to the module.
    Access to the module for the GM or the players?

If the GM wants to open the links they need the module open. If the players want to open the links once they're shared, they don't need the module open. Sharing allows the players to access the data, it doesn't share it with the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok figured it out. I not only have to share the pin, I have to click on the note/item when it is open and share that as well. Otherwise the players see this when they click on the pin.

Capture.PNG

Ok figured it out. I not only have to share the pin, I have to click on the note/item when it is open and share that as well.
    Yep. That's what I was referring to in post #3 above.

Yes, unfortunately, I also found the Sandpoint setting module was a waste of money for running RotRL.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information