Starfinder Playlist

Exporting module; inexplicable data loss. Need immediate help.

Here's the story, I exported Act 3 of my campaign into a single module so it's easier for me to keep track of records, and the first time doing so was successful, but there were typos and additions that I added to that Act, so I wanted to export the records again. The first export file size was just over 170,000 kb.

However, when I went to do so, I noticed that MOST of the data that I selected was not being exported, so I looked at the module that was exported in the file explorer, and its size was only slightly above 7,000 kb. I figured this meant that you cannot export records from other modules (despite the fact I personally hand-typed all the data and made maps from scratch), so I made copies of all the records (which itself was a massive inconvenience), then tried exporting it all again, and I'm having the same exact issue. The newly exported module is a heck of a lot smaller than it should be. 8,472 kb.

Now, it's a giant pain in the *** to drag all the individual records I need for exporting, so I'm keeping the export window open for the time being. What is going on? How do I fix this?

Blog Entries
    When you re-export from your development campaign, do not just select the stuff you updated. Select everything (use the Select All button). Otherwise your new module will only contain the specific things you selected for export.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I cannot select everything because there are records I have to exclude (Act 4 stuff). I've been selecting the specific things for exporting, but the problem is that they're not exporting when selected. I have been selecting all the Act 3 stuff, not just the edited stuff, but it's not working. For instance, I have dozens of Images (no doubt the bulk of the module's size), but none of them are exporting.

As you noted earlier, you can't export records from modules, only from data 100% in the campaign you're exporting from. This is the same for maps. As your recent export is 7 MB compared to 170 MB previously, it sounds like you're not exporting the maps - so make sure that the maps are also in the campaign itself, not in an open module. You may find it easier to close all modules in the module making campaign and then check you have all the data and images showing in the campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    mm, you might try Discord for more interactive support. I don't have the ability right now to get too far into this

You are right that FG will not export content from other modules, so you have to copy that first (it's required to protect IP). Maybe check if the items you are copying have the red locks on them or not and making sure they are records local to your development campaign (i.e. unload all the other modules).

But not sure why it would have worked before but doesn't now.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information