STAR TREK 2d20

Player on Mac can't run MacOS 10.13 for the newest Unity release

One of my players has a Mac and cannot update his MacOS to 10.13. He, for other reasons, needs to keep his below that (10.12.8 I think?) to run older software for work. I, as well as the rest of our group, updated to the most recent version of Unity which I believe now requires MacOS 10.13 which leaves us in a tricky situation. Does anybody have any workaround? I don't know much about Parellels to run Windows 10, but that might be a solution? (Although that may run so slow.) Thoughts?

You would need to run an alternate supported OS. (such as using something like Parallels to run Windows)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You would need to run an alternate supported OS. (such as using something like Parallels to run Windows)

Regards,
    JPG
    Shoot. Unfortunately, we just found out that even Parallels needs MacOS 10.13 or higher. Any other thoughts?

give virtualbox a try?

Parallels is usually the best option for a Mac; and I doubt anything else would be supported, since that version of MacOS has reached end-of-life for support by Apple. At this point, I would recommend an update just purely based on lack of security updates to the OS from Apple.

The only other options I've heard for running another OS is Boot Camp; but I'm not sure if that will be supported either, since it's from Apple.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information