DICE PACKS BUNDLE

AD&D 2E Monstrous Manual not loading

When playing a particular module, FRC2 Curse of the Azure Bonds, the encounters in the module are not generating in the combat tracker. A pop up window appears saying that the 2E Monstrous Manual is not loaded. I have unloaded and loaded the Monstrous Manual several times, it is loaded, but the pop up still appears when generating monsters from the encounters. It seems to be only affecting the FRC2 module, as other modules have been tested (The Sword of the Dales, Marco Volo Arrival).

Quote Originally Posted by apeters89 View Post
    When playing a particular module, FRC2 Curse of the Azure Bonds, the encounters in the module are not generating in the combat tracker. A pop up window appears saying that the 2E Monstrous Manual is not loaded. I have unloaded and loaded the Monstrous Manual several times, it is loaded, but the pop up still appears when generating monsters from the encounters. It seems to be only affecting the FRC2 module, as other modules have been tested (The Sword of the Dales, Marco Volo Arrival).
    You should report the module problem for FRC2 to support. Adventures should not require other modules in general, particularly the Monster Manual. I recall hearing this before but I thought they had fixed it. Make sure you are running the updated version at least.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Well I contacted support and they said I should post the issue on Forum. Seems to be a run around.

Quote Originally Posted by apeters89 View Post
    Well I contacted support and they said I should post the issue on Forum. Seems to be a run around.
    Content devs don't always read posts on forums. Support is suppose to contact them directly. I'd do it for you but I dont know the persons email to do it.

I will contact James with these details tho and hopefully that'll get things moving.
    Last edited by celestian; October 20th, 2021 at 18:44.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Can confirm the issue.
    Seems like many of the encounters are linked to the NPCs from the MM, not the copies in the module.

FRC2.png

It is an big issue that needs to be fixed. It sucks when it happens right in the middle of a planned session.
    NinkasiNinja

Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (-5 GMT)
    Games desired: Star Wars FFG, D&D5e, AD&D, Patfinder 3.5, Cyberpunk, Vampire, Heroes Unlimited, Rifts

I've also forwarded this on to James for his review. I expect there will be a fix rolled out in the near future.

The update has been submitted. It might be included with next Tuesday's updates. Please inform me if there are any other issues.
    If we do not succeed we risk the chance of failure.

Thread Information