Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Where are all these tokens coming from and how do I turn them off?

I've got a ridiculous amount of tokens that are all "top down" style which I hate. They appear in my assets folder, even with no modules turned on.

They come from a wide variety of sources, but "Character Pogs" seems to be a major one. When I search the FG folder for that string, I get no results.

So I'd like to disable that...source? I guess it's not a module, since I have no modules loaded. But I cannot figure out how Fantasy Grounds handles/manages tokens. When I click "Folder," I get an empty folder. Expected behavior is; it would open the folder in which all these tokens I see are stored.

How do I find where these tokens are stored, and disable it?

1. Open FG Launcher
    2. Click folder icon in upper left
    3. Open the "modules" folder
    4. Delete Monsters.mod, MonsterPogs.mod, AnimalPogs.mod, Animals.mod, Basic Familiars.mod

Unfortunately these will come back when you run the update function.
    There could be other modules in there to remove also. Token modules are always loaded so you have to delete them to have them go away.

Ahh thank you! Unsure of the wisdom of having tokens auto-load from unloaded modules, but there you are.

Thank you for this, I'm also not a fan of unwanted (especially top-down!) tokens being added to my assets. I'd love to be able to permanently remove assets I don't want (and this also refers to things previously bought via the FG Store that I really really REALLY don't want cluttering up my folders any more. Yes, 'class packs', I'm looking at you!!!), and hope this becomes possible in the future.

Cheers,

Simon

Unity uses a different method of accessing assets that Classic did. This is to allow users to access all of their assets whether in open modules or not so that they can create maps and other images without needing to find the module that a particular asset might be in. The assets are also not actually loaded as such but rather indexed. So altogether it is a more convenient method of accessing assets than Classic has. I believe there is an item on the wishlist which asks for users to be able to select what or if modules get loaded when they update, but the issue with that is that people will then start disabling things which they don't realise is needed by other parts of the system to run. So it's not necessarily an easy thing to apply.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Unity uses a different method of accessing assets that Classic did. This is to allow users to access all of their assets whether in open modules or not so that they can create maps and other images without needing to find the module that a particular asset might be in. The assets are also not actually loaded as such but rather indexed. So altogether it is a more convenient method of accessing assets than Classic has. I believe there is an item on the wishlist which asks for users to be able to select what or if modules get loaded when they update, but the issue with that is that people will then start disabling things which they don't realise is needed by other parts of the system to run. So it's not necessarily an easy thing to apply.
    Probably would be simple to just move the token packs to the Forge content delivery system (so that they can be disabled).

The problem with moving to the Forge system is that new users would end up with a completely blank sandbox, and no starting assets.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Probably would be simple to just move the token packs to the Forge content delivery system (so that they can be disabled).
    Maybe it works to unzip those modules and delete their asset contents? Then FG should prefer those folders over the zipped modules from the updater such that these should not be available ingame anymore, I think (not tested)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The problem with moving to the Forge system is that new users would end up with a completely blank sandbox, and no starting assets.

Regards,
    JPG
    Not if new accounts were created already owning those assets on the Forge, but that may be hard to implement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Maybe it works to unzip those modules and delete their asset contents? Then FG should prefer those folders over the zipped modules from the updater such that these should not be available ingame anymore, I think (not tested)
    I was going to suggest this. Will try it if I get time this weekend. Might just be able to create empty folders by the correct names...?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information