5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

NPC Spell Slots not resetting

Not quite sure whether this is 'by design' or not, but I have an issue where an enemy/ NPC on the Combat Tracker doesn't have their spell slots renewed after initiating a long rest (5e).

By that, I mean that after casting a spell I would double-click the spell slot level to remove a spell slot. However, once I give a long rest to everyone on the Tracker, they don't come back.

Anyone know if this is a bug or not?

Long or short rests only affect PCs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, Zacchaeus.

Is there a way to accurately track an NPC's spell slots, in that case? Or do I need to manually re-add them after a long rest?

You'd need to manually reset them. I'm surprised that an NPC would last long enough to make it to a long rest during combat.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

They get their hit points reset and other effects like Unconscious cleared (in 5E anyway). I usually end up making long-term NPCs a character sheet with a "NPC" class and manually entered hit dice, specifically for tracking effects and spell slots and the like. But it sure would be nice and simpler if we could just leave the NPC sheet in the CT!

I'm surprised they lasted, too! :P

Yeah, would be helpful to me now that the party in my session have a long-term NPC following them around. I came up with a few rolls for restoring short rest HP fairly and such, but got caught out the first time I realised their spell slots didn't renew.

I believe there is an extension that does this. I'll look it up later and add link. I'm assuming this is for 5e. Correct?

5e, yes, thanks - that would be great.

Think of the NPC sheet as cannon fodder, or perhaps towns people that the PC's interact with once or twice and then move on. If you have a NPC where they will interact with them in ma long term manner that you will need to know their stats make a character sheet for them.

Do you mean add them as a PC?

Adding them as a PC would be far too overdetailed. I create them as NPC sheets at the moment, but that's where my issue arises.

Thread Information