DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Video Tutorials

Video Tutorials

I will be making some quick 2-5 minute videos on my day off this Monday and posting to the Fantasy Grounds Academy's Traveller YouTube Playlist.

Please reply here if you have any requests.

On my list:

• PC SCraft Creation
    • SCraft Combat Tracker
    • System Creation
    • Task Chain Creation

Cheers,

Greg
    Last edited by GregRex; October 17th, 2021 at 17:26.

Thanks for your work on this, Greg!

Oh, thank the Ancients! This is so needed. It's becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of what does and does not work (and how it works) in FG with MgT 2.0. Hope there's some videos on how to streamline trade in FG eventually. I'm banging my head against it right now, to try to find a way to make it as accessible as possible to my players. Don't want it to feel like a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallorylover23 View Post
    Oh, thank the Ancients! This is so needed. It's becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of what does and does not work (and how it works) in FG with MgT 2.0. Hope there's some videos on how to streamline trade in FG eventually. I'm banging my head against it right now, to try to find a way to make it as accessible as possible to my players. Don't want it to feel like a chore.
    I agree. I have stayed away from starship automation simply because the framework is a little volatile right now and subject to change. In addition, these changes really change the ruleset UI flow and it can be hard to keep up with what is there and what isn't and what should be working - or not.

In some respects, I think the Traveller ruleset is the most immature commercial ruleset I have out of the many FG ones that I own.

If the Traveller ruleset were standalone software it would be classified as an Alpha - not feature complete and still in need of testing.

It's good that MBM is updating it, but the current state of flux kind of puts me off using the newer features in my campaign - a video tutorial would go some way towards lighting the way and showing us what's there and how to use it. This would be beneficial for all

My first 4 videos are live above. Keep the ideas coming.

These are great. Thank you very much, GregRex!

Just watched them all. This is excellent so far.

I really do think there needs to be some overview of how to handle initiative in the regular CT as well as SCT, since initiative is far more dynamic in Traveller because of Leadership and Tactics rolls. I have no idea how those work in the automation tools, if at all.

I will put up a quick video on the standard CT to include initiative rolls hopefully sometime this week.

Unless MBM corrects me there currently is no automation for the Pilot position to generate an Initiative roll yet.

For the Space Combat Initiative, per the rulebook, it is 2D + the pilots' Pilot Skill + the ship's Thrust score.

In my games, I simply set the Task Diff to '0' and have my pilot make a Pilot skill check with the Thrust score set as a Modifier and the result of the roll is what I update the SCT Initiative block with.

Thread Information