Starfinder Playlist

LFP 1-2 players for ongoing 5e D&D campaign

FG License: GM has Unity Ultimate

Game System: D&D 5th edition set in Forgotten Realms
    Player 5e or FG Experience: None required.
    Time Zone: Mountain time
    Day of week and time: Wednesday evenings 8pm - 11pm MDT (2am - 5am UTC/GMT).

If new game, planned start date: We are on our fourth session. We had a player drop because it was too late for them, looking for West Coast-ish player or someone that likes to stay up late

Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly sessions to last about 3ish hours
    Term: Ongoing as long as we are having fun

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: We are running equal proportion 33% combat, 33% exploration, 33% Roleplay & NPC interaction. Specific sessions very of course.

Number of Players in game & needed: Need 1-2 players to compliment the 3 we already have

Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level characters, no special equipment or magic items. Stats are standard block or point buy variant (PHB pg. 13). Equipment per class and background starting equipment. If a character prefers straight gold to purchase equipment, we can talk.

Character restrictions: Each character can draw inspiration from the Players Handbook +1 other source book. I prefer to GM games in which the characters are not optimized to the max.

Details of your scenario:
    Homebrew campaign. Players have found some supernatural happenings with the moon. They think they have found the culprit, but there is more to the story.

I request no PvP, and would like the players to work as a team.

I'm interested in the game, but I'd like to know a little more about the party and recent events, whether this a set storyline like most adventures or something more sandboxy, and if you're thinking it will head into higher levels eventually. I've got a character (from a game a couple years ago that fell apart) I've been looking for a good opportunity to play again, if it seems like he would fit in well.

Jer, "The Godless Paladin"
    A gentle, easygoing man with the unhurried drawl of a rural villager, Jer is always happy to lend a hand or an ear. When steel is called for, he prefers a simple battleaxe and shield paired with heavy armor, striking a melee balance between offense and defense. His epithet comes from his willingness to step into harm's way for others and demonstrations of Paladin-like powers, though he denies being a Paladin and openly disdains the gods. Adding to the trouble his misotheist reputation brings is a persistent rumor following in his wake saying he was exiled from his homeland for murder, though that claim seems utterly at odds with the kindness of his actions.

Mechanically, he's two levels of Paladin (no Oath) followed by the rest as Bard, College of Swords. Direct melee fighter with strong offense and decent defense, a little bit of healing, and utility options from Bard magic as time goes on. He won't ever cast any Paladin spells since those require prayer to prepare. Overall, he should present a pretty well-rounded front-liner. Outside of combat, his main contributions will be general athleticism, decent social skills, and the utility inherent in the Bard features.

I've got plenty of backstory details if you're curious, including home, family, history, the origins of his Paladin powers*, why Bard, and how he ended up travelling the roads.

"The gods ain't gonna fix nothin. You want a better world? Only way's to go out yourself and make the parts you can reach better, bit by bit." -Jer

*The original source was Bahamut in a homebrewed version of Faerun where he was NG and focused on the balance of justice and mercy. A second attempt to play Jer switched that for Selune (Jer's mother being an adherent), who took an interest in him after observing the events surrounding his exile. If that conflicts with your plans, since you mention something going on with the moon, the exact identity of Jer's unwanted patron isn't particularly important. The idea is that one of the Good deities (or one of their more powerful servants) has recognized Jer as an excellent fit for a Paladin and has attempted to recruit him by giving him the basic set of powers to show how much more good he could do in their service. Jer is thoroughly unwilling to serve any god and consistently annoyed at his unasked-for patron's attentions, but his view on the powers is "Don't need 'em, won't pray for 'em, won't miss 'em when they're gone, but I'd be stupid not to use something that can help folk in need". So he's at a stalemate: he won't agree to serve under the god, but the god has no reason to revoke the powers as long as Jer is doing good with them anyway.

Hi, I would like to join if there are anymore open slots?

Hi,

I'm interested in joining.

I would like to play a rogue or a bard if you have any openings left.

I would definitely be interested. I've played for some 20-25 years when it first started and some ADnD. Started playing with my nephew about 7 months ago using 5e rules, FGU, Discord and Syrinscape. Our DM got to busy with family and work and we have not played for months. Would really like to join in on another campaign as I am retired these days and want to play more. I am very dedicated to the game and love role playing. Let me know if I can join in. My e-mail is [email protected]

I am extremely interested in playing. Frankly your time is perfect for me!

I am open to playing anything but would love to play Bladesinger Wizard, Storm Sorcerer or a Monk.

Please let me know if I can provide any other details.

Best,

Hey, super interested in playing I'm east coast but the time is not a problem for me. would like to know a little bit more about the setting and group before I decide my character but open to any role really. if there are any spaces still available let me know!

Thread Information