DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for NEW players for a mini-campaign from levels 1-4.

Hail, everyone!

I've been a DM for a very long time, but only recently migrated to online RPGs due to the pandemic and some other time constraints. I started DMing to a group of friends on Roll20, and they were kind enough to pitch in and buy me an Ultimate License for FGU, so the least I could do was learn how to use the damned platform. As a result, I started creating a homebrew module based on the 2nd campaign of Critical Role, as I'd been watching their streams, and the whole point was for me to learn the toolset, not to actually play the campaign. But, I got carried away and excited with the results, and I believe the module came out pretty good in the end. It's not necessarily similar to an official published adventure, but it's got a nice vibe, and you can expect to be surprised as long as you haven't watched any of the Critical Role episodes.

Anyway, the time has come to test out the module. The idea is for it to serve as an introduction for new players to the world of D&D, which can be daunting, and discourage many people from even taking the plunge due to the beautiful complexity of the system. The module comes with 5 pre-generated characters that have their own builds detailed in the Notes section, so that new players don't need to worry so much about making choices between so many options they don't understand, and can then focus on learning the basics of the game and how to use their characters, who have all been pre-configured to be easy to use in game. Furthermore, I'm a teacher by trade, so I have the required patience to walk new players through the process of both learning the game and learning to use fantasy grounds.

Anyway on to the game details:

- Module & Setting: The Heroes of Alfield (homebrew), set in Wildemount, based on the 2nd campaign of Critical Role.
    - Number of players: 5 players (who ideally haven't watched Critical Role, so they can experience the story to the fullest)
    - Platform: FGU Ultimate License (you can use a Demo version).
    - Method of Communication: Voice through Discord
    - Duration: Levels 1-4, possibly 4-6 sessions, including Session 0.
    - Schedule: Tuesdays from 7 to 10pm UTC-3 time.
    - System and Source Books: D&D 5th Edition, PHB, DMG, MM. No expansions (I don't have them).
    - Style of play: This adventure has a little bit of everything: Combat, Exploration, Investigation, Social Encounters, Negotiations, and I've even set up a little Epilogue :P
    - Session 0: Ideally in 2 weeks, or as soon as we can get a group together.

Anyone is welcome to join and bring along friends who are interested in trying out D&D for the first time. Right now all 5 spots are available. As the game fills up, I'll post updates here.
    All adventurers interested in joining, please PM me.

Hope to see you all soon! Cheers!

We have our first player recruited. 4 spots left.

Quote Originally Posted by LenZuen View Post
    We have our first player recruited. 4 spots left.
    2 players recruited, 3 spots open.

2 players recruited, 3 spots open.
    3 players recruited, 2 spots open.

3 players recruited, 2 spots open.
    4 players recruited, 1 spot open

Hey folks!

After realizing that this time would be too late for Europeans to join the game, myself and the players who have already signed up to the campaign have agreed to change the time of the games. I've received multiple messages from people interested in joining, but they couldn't because they were based in Europe, and it would be too late for them.

New schedule:
    Session 0 - Tuesday October 19th at 5 pm UTC-3 time. (This is 2 hours earlier than the previous schedule, which should hopefully make it more European-friendly)
    Players: Right now we have 3 players, need 2 more. One of the players who had joined ended up changing their mind, so we now have 2 spots open.
    Party composition: We have a Half-Elf Warlock and a Dwarf Fighter at the moment. The 3rd player is waiting to pick something that will complement the party (prefers a Cleric or Rogue).

Anyone is welcome to join.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by LenZuen; October 11th, 2021 at 19:04.

We've changed the time of this game, so if anyone wants to join, there's still 2 spots open, although I'm currently speaking to 1 potential player on Discord to figure out if they'll be able to join.

PM me or post here if you want to join.

Cheers!

4 players recruited, 1 spot available.

Party composition at the moment: 1 Dwarf Fighter, 1 Half-Elf Warlock, 1 Tiefling Bard, 1 player hasn't picked yet, but will play either a Cleric or Rogue.

All spots filled! Thanks to all who messaged me! See you in game!

Thread Information