DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Would you in the future clarify the use of OSR in your products? Old School Essentials has a port on the Forge for example as do the OSRiC versions, compared to a strictly 2E "Classic D&D" (hate this terminology). And this neglects if DCC and C&C are considered OSR, which I assume they are not for this purpose.

The official conversions are hard enough to track. Do they use 2E creatures incrementing the character levels needed to complete an adventure or are the module's power matched to the original in some fashion. Smiteworks has 2E products using both strategies.

But love the idea of this and snapped it up the minute I saw it.

!
    !

A quick quick reply on your purchase. The forge gives a Test channel which apparently still lists the product. That was not my intent but no harm or foul. I have moved it to the Live channel.

A more in depth reply which only applies to the DNH product set. The original author included OSR stat blocks but I don't have enough experience in that area to answer what he intended "OSR" to mean. Thus, I am unable to fully answer your question. I have followed the "OSR" stat blocks as included by the author. However, where necessary to adapt something that was mentioned but no stats were provided, I used the OSRIC information.

Samples of the authors' "OSR" stat block from the PDF:

Cultist Fanatic (4): Human SZ M; MV 30’; AC 5; THACO 16; ATK 1d6x2; HD 2; HP 24; INT Average; AL LE; LV 2; XP 225 SA/AD See Bestiary
    Vyncis: Human SZ M; MV 30’; AC 3; THACO 16; ATK 2d10x2; HD 7; HP 100; INT Average; AL LN; LV 8; XP 900 SA/AD See Bestiary
    Town Guard (4): Human SZ M; MV 30’; AC 8; THACO 18; ATK 1d6x2; HD 1; HP 12; INT Average; AL LN; LV 1; XP 100 SA/AD See Bestiary
    Longshorement, Modified (12): Human SZ M; MV 30’; AC 8; THACO 20; ATK d4-2 (see above); HD 0; HP 6; INT Average; AL LN; LV 1; XP 50 SA/ AD: do not use minimum damage of 1, treat a roll of 1 as no damage.
    Demon SZ M; MV 30’; AC 4; THACO 15; ATK 1d8 x2; HD 6; HP 60; INT Average; AL NE; LV 6; XP 550 SA: Soul Drink - if both claw attacks hit, take 2d8 damage, save vs. spells for half damage
    Human SZ M; MV 30’; AC 2; THACO 14; ATK 1d8x2; HD 2; HP 24; INT Average; AL LN; LV 2; XP 225

If there are clear indications to you what "OSR" this is I will gladly clarify in the description in Forge for this and going forward products.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do that might help.

Jason

Sorry if I forced a move. I was excited to see the cross-platform content. I posted the link elsewhere but just removed it. Very exciting to see how the cross-platform project works out.
    !

You can post the link. It is live, I was just verifying as I've never done a bundled set before.

Jason

The only consistent definition of OSR is "some assembly required" in that there are dozens of slightly incompatible rulessets based on different historical rulesets. Most are more or less compatible with the nGMs effort. And some have rulesets in the main FG store.

When I see OSR, I assume someing based on the BX ruleset more or less with Old School Essentials being a very faithful example. OSRiC is also getting love and is similar to 1E. All of these get shoehorned into the FG 2E ruleset adding additional complications.

My first thought when I saw OSR mentioned so prominently was you were staking out a niche for one of the free rulesets that have appeared on the Forge, especially with the multi-ruleset nature of the product. A way to get into FG, get in without the full expense of the 5E/Pathfinder/2E rules. Onboarding users that can't drop that in addition to an Ultimate license while providing a path to the more common rulesets. And you may have done just that. I'll have to pick up the PDF bundle and see what the original intent was and how it was implemented.

I actually think this cross-ruleset path is great and if FG is allowing it, I will be throwing my money toward it when I can.
    !

FYI In the combined Forge module DNH1 in all three rulesets, the Image Hastur's Symbol, Infinite Snake is missing. Just the missing element question mark is displayed.
    !

Ok. I'll take a look and update. I found the issue. It seems to work before the packing process with SmiteWorks but then the package process does something that makes it not work. I'll get rid of the "'" symbol and see if that works.
    I have renamed the file that it references and resubmitted builds to Forge. Gone live.
    Last edited by jharp; October 19th, 2021 at 23:27.

I want to make certain I get this right for the higher end NPCs. I have an NPC with 50 hit dice. Based on the chart then 50 HD == THAC0 of -29. You would expect to see -29 in the NPC sheet?

Jason

Thread Information