DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 29 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    Amazing work!

i am playing around with it and managed to generate some errors when I made a new spell and started filling in the details.

[11/14/2021 11:35:32 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "tradition"]:4: attempt to index a nil value
    [11/14/2021 11:35:44 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "type"]:4: attempt to index a nil value
    [11/14/2021 11:36:00 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "tradition"]:4: attempt to index a nil value
    [11/14/2021 11:36:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "name"]:4: attempt to index a nil value

I have parsed all of the spell data and added them to my mod file. A few observations...
    Dragging and dropping from the library to the character sheet works as expected and does not generate the previously mentioned errors
    Some of the spaces are not large enough. For example, the following text does not fit in the Attack 20+ space. "The target also becomes blinded for 1 round."
    What is supposed to go into the space labelled "Roll"?
    In the spells section of the main tab, the spell name is black font on dark gray background. The lack of contrast makes the spell names very difficult to read.

testing spells.JPG

Blog Entries
    They are grey because you dont have enough castings of those spells - bump up your power and see what happens
    I think all the locking for Spells is set correctly - Im having a hard time of locking Paths but Moon Wizard has pointed me in another direction that might help.
    The space thing... Im not sure what I will do there. I might have to change them to expandable fields but that will also mean redoing all the anchoring and the spell windowclass
    Once you have resolved your Grey issue (see above) when you double click on a spell it will also send all that info to chat which is useful when you want to do something tricky with a spell etc and you and the GM (and maybe everyone else) wants to help with interpreting the spell.
    For Roll field - Im still feeling my way into the ruleset and trying to work out if there are any Rolls (other than damage) that are associated with some spells and then how I will approach the usability of that. If it happens that there are not any Rolls then that field will get the chop.

Blog Entries
    Also in your screenshot you are in Edit mode on the spells list. Click the edit button again... maybe the subtle edit icons are too... subtle...?

I tried a new character. I gave it a name, a path, and leveled it up. He has a power level of 2 now and spell slots. I added some low level spells, but no luck. It sounds like you have it figured out, and I look forward to seeing it in action.

As for the lack of space issue, how about a pop up window? You cursor over the text, and a pop up appears with the full text. Once a player has read the full text a few times, he or she will remember it, and then the abbreviated version will be more appreciated.

As for my hours, I am a professor affiliated with a university in Japan. However, I am currently on sabbatical for one year, until April, 2022. I am visiting the University of Toronto in Canada, hence the hours.

Blog Entries
    Thank you spoofer

I have fixed the new Spell bug
    And the greyed out spells was because the Used count was defaulting to 5 which is more than your number of spell points.
    remove and re-add spells now and let me know please.

Thanks for the troubleshooting.

I see it now, but only sometimes.
    I gave myself spell slots up to level 3, and then I made a level four spell, thinking that it would be grayed out since I have zero level 4 spell slots.
    When I dragged the spell from the Spells window, it was not grayed out.
    When I created a new spell directly on the character sheet and set the level to 4 it was not grayed out.
    When I created a second copy of a level 4 spell by dragging one already on the character sheet and dropping it, it was grayed out.

It looks great, by the way. Also, spell slots are actually called "castings".

Expend the Casting: You have a limited number of
    castings of each spell you learn. Your Power score
    determines the number of castings you have for each
    spell by rank, as shown on the Castings table.

Blog Entries
    Ive changed the wording to use Castings hopefully i got them all.
    I think I have nailed all the spells becoming active.inactive in the right scenarios now.
    Some tweaks to edit buttons.
    Added link to Spells list on Spells windowlist

Thread Information