DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 29 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Re: the NPC xml... Are the following the same thing or different?

<attack_link type="windowreference">
    <class>attack</class>
    <recordname />
    </attack_link>

<item_link type="windowreference">
    <class>attack</class>
    <recordname />
    </item_link>

When I open up an attack record, I get the following message in the chat window (not the console error log):
    databasenode = { reference.npcs.id-00001.attacklist.id-00001@Shadow of the Demon Lord }

My parser crashed on Animated Corpse. It has an dash for Intellect. What should I do with this? It needs to be a number. Set it to zero or leave it blank?

ANIMATED CORPSE DIFFICULTY 1
    Size 1/2 or 1 frightening undead
    Perception 5 (–5); sightless
    Defense 8; Health 10
    Strength 10 (+0), Agility 8 (–2), Intellect —, Will 15 (+5)

Blog Entries
    The database will not accept non numbers for a number field.
    I think it would be best to set it to 0 unless there are creatures that have 0 for intellect also?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    Re: the NPC xml... Are the following the same thing or different?

<attack_link type="windowreference">
    <class>attack</class>
    <recordname />
    </attack_link>

<item_link type="windowreference">
    <class>attack</class>
    <recordname />
    </item_link>

When I open up an attack record, I get the following message in the chat window (not the console error log):
    databasenode = { reference.npcs.id-00001.attacklist.id-00001@Shadow of the Demon Lord }
    I have found the attack_link/item_link source and it will be fixed in next build
    I have removed the debug notice on opening NPC attacks

thanks

Blog Entries
    Paths done. Various observations

The Path Data Window...
    • The path type changable even when data is locked.
    • Many features have the identical name. For example, there are about 100 different versions of the feature called "Magic". In order to differentiate them, I append the path and level in brackets. Example: "Magic (Magician 1)"
    • As a consequence, the feature name space is not long enough and some names are clipped.

The Character Sheet...
    • The Path boxes are editable. They should not be. They should be the same as, for example, Languages.
    • The character sheet does not have an actions tab. I am not sure what to do with the features that my character has. If D&D then these are dropped on the actions tab.

An example of such an action...

You can use an action to heal damage equal to your healing rate. Then, choose one creature other than you that is within short range. The target also heals damage equal to its healing rate. Once you use this talent, you cannot use it again until after you complete a rest.

Ideally there will be a mechanism for expenditure and recovery (maybe a simple used? check box)

That is all for now. Next is NPCs.

Making universal changes in the data is very easy, so no matter how much the formatting and functionality of the components change going forward, it will be easy to reflect those changes in the data.
    I am still working my way thru Paths locking and you will probably have to report this one several times more :bandit
    I have made the Features field on the Paths data type a little longer.
    Something you havent noted - is these probably need to be recorded on the Character sheet somewhere?

I have now locked the Path name field on the charsheet from being edited once you add a path.
    Ok... actions... that is going to take some work. Assuming that Actions might need a field the size of Weapons or Spells where do you think it would be best to place this? New tab? Existing tab? It probably goes best with Weapons and Spells but there really is not a lot of room there... I could make spells half width / single column and put actions beside...

Blog Entries
    Observations about the NPCs' xml and character sheet...

There is both attack_boon and attack_boons, but I think there should only be one.
    A see you opted for three tabs instead of two. If the GM has to flip back and forth between "stats" and attacks tabs, it might be a pain. On the other hand, if all of the "stats" info is on the combat tracker (I am thinking 5E D&D here), then three tabs will work really well.
    The information under the "stats" tab is not stats. That information is above the tab. I think that "Traits" would be a better name.
    The NPC sheet is missing the token slot.
    "Description" label on the description tab is cut off. You could change the label to Notes or make the tab wider.
    The NPC sheet looks great, and feels logical. It seems to be complete.

I love what you did with the theme, except for the sidebar. Having both black borders and the red crayon borders around the buttons makes the sidebar look too busy.
    I have found and fixed attack boon/s
    Some of these monsters have a LOT of info in them and I cant fit it all in 2 tabs.
    I think that all the actions that you will ROLL in combat will be in the CT but for a complex monster like a Barghest the GM will need to open and read the monster to understand how to play it in the encounter
    You are right about Stats but i couldnt think of another descriptor - I will try Traits for now but there is that other use of traits in the game also.
    Yes... tokens... OK. Tokens are done.
    Changed Description to Desc

Im going to hold off any more theme changes until I see what needs doing with the December 7 update.

Blog Entries
    I am very interested in those videos. Xmas is coming. I will need to do that challenge.
    Im mulling over doing another XMas challenge this year. I will need to find a rules lite game that I have some interest in... and work out how to avoid my good wifes wrath! There have been so many improvements and enhancements to the RW that I think a new video series is warranted... its just time... or lack of it!

I made a token. I tried to use the same artistic style as the rules set. I took the character from the index in the rule book. As I did so, I wondered if permission is needed. I know nothing of copyrights, etc.

a.png

>>Ok... actions... that is going to take some work. Assuming that Actions might need a field the size of Weapons or Spells where do you think it would be best to place this? >>New tab? Existing tab? It probably goes best with Weapons and Spells but there really is not a lot of room there... I could make spells half width / single column and put >>actions beside...

I see what you mean. This question is probably best addressed by someone who has played the game a fair bit. Meanwhile, some random thoughts...
    There are four relevant sections: weapons, armor, spells, and features. Is it possible to do either of these?
    1. Expand and collapse the sections. If so, then make two expandable sections below weapons.
    2. Create links to windows that open up. When you click on a link, it opens up a new window. The player playing the fighter will appreciate not having to look at the empty spells section all of the time.

If you simply have to make it work by tweaking what is already there, then reduce weapons to three rows. Squeeze speed and power in between insanity and corruption, and remove the white box behind corruption. That will free up a huge chunk of space to work with. You can then put features between stats and weapons. As a ball park figure, you gain one to three features per level, so you need to be able to fit about 20 to 25 features in the features space. That is two columns of 12 rows, or three columns of 7 or 8.

Thread Information