DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ultramodern 5 Redux tokens

I purchased Ultramodern 5 Redux and one of the biggest disappointments for me was the complete lack of tokens for the monsters. I looked around on the web for token packs (I'm sure I could find individual tokens for each and every monster), but so far, I haven't really found anything. It's easier to find things like Star Wars tokens for the Star Wars 5e module.

Does anyone know where I might find a good token pack that's relevant to this game? I wish I had known that it would be this sparse. I may not have purchased it. The Foundry version is free and it has tokens for all of the bestiary entries. I'd much rather have the automation of FGU, though.

Thanks!

Fishing pole right here... https://www.rptools.net/2021/07/toke...-2-2-released/

Now you can cruise the web and just tokenize whatever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Fishing pole right here... https://www.rptools.net/2021/07/toke...-2-2-released/

Now you can cruise the web and just tokenize whatever you need.

I'm aware of how to make my own tokens. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't be looking for token packs. This module should have come with token images for the bestiary. It's a pretty basic feature, especially for the price.

So going to the source for the Foundry version (which you seem to have liked), converting the webp files to JPG is too much effort?

All of the images from the foundry freebie are downloadable from somewhere:

I am sure that you can manage to locate and convert them if you really want to. You can also manage to go shop for tokens.

So going to the source for the Foundry version (which you seem to have liked), converting the webp files to JPG is too much effort?

All of the images from the foundry freebie are downloadable from somewhere:

I am sure that you can manage to locate and convert them if you really want to. You can also manage to go shop for tokens.

So, to be clear, your objective in participating in these forums is to be a douche? Yes, I know how to create tokens. Yes I converted all the ones from Foundry already. Are you seriously advocating that someone buy another product just to get something that should have been included? See, that’s not helpful at all. Telling someone to “make their own tokens” when they ask about relevant token packs also isn’t helpful. Maybe just don’t reply at all. Because your snarky replies and edgelord nature demonstrate you to be a pretty useless member of this community and aren’t appreciated at all.

I don’t think posting to ask about token packs that fit this game was inappropriate, so I’m not sure what your issue is, but get over it.

No need for name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    Are you seriously advocating that someone buy another product just to get something that should have been included? See, that’s not helpful at all.
    So why are you asking for token set suggestions again? To not buy them because they should be included?

This product covers the 18th century to the far flung future. Do you want tokens representing the 1880s? The 1920s? The <insert era here>? Beyond that, what nationality, what racial background, what color scheme, what art style and so on are you seeking? Oh yeah, you should mention if it needs to be free instead of thinking that people should know that and getting offended by things with a cost.

Good luck with getting responses.

No need for name calling.

So why are you asking for token set suggestions again? To not buy them because they should be included?

This product covers the 18th century to the far flung future. Do you want tokens representing the 1880s? The 1920s? The <insert era here>? Beyond that, what nationality, what racial background, what color scheme, what art style and so on are you seeking? Oh yeah, you should mention if it needs to be free instead of thinking that people should know that and getting offended by things with a cost.

Good luck with getting responses.

I'd be happy to not get responses if they're as useless as yours.

Your questions are utterly stupid. What kind of tokens do I want? How about tokens that represent the creatures in the bestiary. The people who made the Foundry version obviously figured it out. Do I want them for free? No. I obviously paid $25 for the module. What did I pay for? It's using 5e rules and has a few changed skills and some different NPCs. Having a token that represents those NPCs is asking too much? This is a forum. I'm allowed to lament the omission of something I think should have been included in a paid product, just as I'm allowed to ask for advice on where I might find token packs that are applicable. I already did numerous internet searches and I didn't find anything useful, so I asked the community. Your first inane reply was "just make your own", which is clearly not what I was asking for.

Just quit. You're not helpful. You didn't contribute anything and then you got all salty with your next reply and talked down to me about converting the tokens from Foundry. Dude, I run 3 games/week in 2 different VTTs. I'm confident that I know more about both systems, creating tokens, maps, campaigns, and content than you can ever hope to learn. But I don't always have the answer to everything, so I asked the community for a little help finding something and I got...you.

You're butthurt about me calling you a douche? Go back and read your reply to me about converting the tokens from Foundry. Here, I'll post it here for your convenience:
    . Yeah, that was EXTREMELY friendly and not at all hostile, right? Because I didn't know I could shop for tokens, handn't looked around, and didn't know Foundry had some (despite mentioning it in my original comment!)? Get over yourself.

Edit: I also love your insinuation that I don't want to pay anything for the tokens. I probably spend more on digital content in a week than you make. You see where assumptions will get you? Go ahead and point me to the relevant token packs to buy. I sure didn't find any. And it doesn't change the fact that there should have been SOMETHING included in this module.
    Last edited by wframe; October 2nd, 2021 at 04:16.

Blog Entries
    MOD: Ok, not helpful. We should all strive to be helpful to each other. If we can't be, let's just move on.

I personally don't know of any token packs that would fit what you are looking for, but I will try to look over the next couple days to see if I can find anything.

As for why this product doesn't have tokens for such, I don't know. For other products, SmiteWorks is pretty careful to only include artwork that is included in the non digital version of the product. So if these rulebook don't have images for the creatures, then the FG module will generally not have them.

SW is also pretty conscious about using IP/artwork from other sources without explicit permission and compensating artists for their work so they would be unlikely to include "free" artwork in a product they sell.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    I purchased Ultramodern 5 Redux and one of the biggest disappointments for me was the complete lack of tokens for the monsters. I looked around on the web for token packs (I'm sure I could find individual tokens for each and every monster), but so far, I haven't really found anything. It's easier to find things like Star Wars tokens for the Star Wars 5e module.

Does anyone know where I might find a good token pack that's relevant to this game? I wish I had known that it would be this sparse. I may not have purchased it. The Foundry version is free and it has tokens for all of the bestiary entries. I'd much rather have the automation of FGU, though.

Thanks!
    Another option which might eventually result in some tokens is to raise a support ticket (provided the original content had artwork, which it seems it did, but I don't own the pdf.) relaying that you expected some tokens for the bestiary.

Jason

Thread Information