FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Any updates?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaab View Post
    I'm sorry to say you guys seem unable to handle the workload you have taken on.
    Musaab Ill wager you do not understand the complexity or the time involved in producing a full ruleset.

Let's say you're right. Look at other rulesets on FG. Pumping out tons of content and updates. And then look at Nerd Eye. A tiny group taking on multiple projects. Doesn't exactly seem like a good idea. Perhaps this is not totally related, but I am a software dev who works on very large corporate projects in the healthcare, insurance, and banking sectors. I have a bit of an idea of how it is to work on large, complex projects.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaab View Post
    Let's say you're right. Look at other rulesets on FG. Pumping out tons of content and updates. And then look at Nerd Eye. A tiny group taking on multiple projects. Doesn't exactly seem like a good idea. Perhaps this is not totally related, but I am a software dev who works on very large corporate projects in the healthcare, insurance, and banking sectors. I have a bit of an idea of how it is to work on large, complex projects.
    Your budget on one of these projects might be bigger than the budget of the entire SmiteWorks operation. The volume of sales on any of these rulesets barring 5E and maybe one or two others is not sufficient to do as a full time gig. They are largely done part time by enthusiasts. Often a ruleset will take some multiple of 100 hours and then you have the content to convert also. Everyone is keen to see these games released but the reality is they take considerable effort to produce and they dont make a lot of money and there is not a long queue of developers ready to take on projects and see them all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Your budget on one of these projects might be bigger than the budget of the entire SmiteWorks operation. The volume of sales on any of these rulesets barring 5E and maybe one or two others is not sufficient to do as a full time gig. They are largely done part time by enthusiasts. Often a ruleset will take some multiple of 100 hours and then you have the content to convert also. Everyone is keen to see these games released but the reality is they take considerable effort to produce and they dont make a lot of money and there is not a long queue of developers ready to take on projects and see them all the way through.
    You are right. However this is not enthusiastic project that everybody can download for free. It is one of the most expensive ruleset on FG. And maybe people don't want spending money on it because it works ugly and there aren't any additional content. I suppose that if Nard Eye will finish ruleset and publish some add-ons they will start earning money. So far people who buy Conan are disappointed and even irritating.

The problem here is that it IS an expensive ruleset that has been out for a year and a half and is UNFINISHED. There's no art in the reference manual. In fact NONE of the art is included yet. It's a VERY barebones reference manual. Better ones are included in free products.

Exactly. They moved on to STA without even finishing the basics of Conan. And I believe I read somewhere that they only took Conan on to get a chance to do Star Wars one, which is what they are really fans of, not Conan. That's why they didn't really do it justice.
    Last edited by Musaab; October 25th, 2021 at 18:27.

So what the last update actually delivered?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

As you can see...nothing has changed.

Any movement around this ruleset and content? It is not like there no volunteers to do work
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Here's hoping that since all the other 2d20 rulesets are getting some love, someone can circle back to Conan now that the original guys are out. I mean, we finally got Star Trek!

Thread Information