Starfinder Playlist

Gameset modules not loading

I have tried all the steps listed in the faq. I am not running extensions. My FG is up to date ULTIMATE 3.5.15.
    FGissue1.JPG
    I have updated and updated my password and then reupdated.
    Everytime I go in to RUN a game, the only 4e modules I have to open are the above. No rulesets. Rulesets are already showing as updated. Works fine when I load someone elses campaign as a player. Only have the no modules to select issue when I try to load my own campaigns.
    Help?

Blog Entries
    Rulesets are not modules. You chose a ruleset when you create a campaign. What modules are you expecting to see?

To speculate some;, FG never obtained a license to convert the 4E rule books, so unless you created them yourself, they don't exist in FG. You won't see things like the Players Handbook, Monster Manual, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Rulesets are not modules. You chose a ruleset when you create a campaign. What modules are you expecting to see?

To speculate some;, FG never obtained a license to convert the 4E rule books, so unless you created them yourself, they don't exist in FG. You won't see things like the Players Handbook, Monster Manual, etc.
    Ok, then where are they coming from in the campaign's I play in. As they show up in those campaigns as MODULES that I can open and pull stuff from to a character sheet. My understanding of "Rule sets" is access to all the information and materials from those rulesets. Meaning I should have POWERS, FEATS, ITEMS etc. If it's not part of the "Rule Set", where can I get and upload those to my platform. And I'm sure I've seen them in there before, but that was a few years back since last I DM'd a campaign.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzt View Post
    Ok, then where are they coming from in the campaign's I play in.
    From the Player's seat, your GM can share any modules they own with the table. WotC used to have a service for 4E -- Dungeons & Dragons Insider (DDI) -- which was a subscription service and there was a tool that would pull book info from DDI and turn it into Fantasy Grounds modules. If your 4E DM did that, then that is why they have access to those modules while you do not. DDI was shut down a year or two ago, so unless/until WotC agrees to officially license anything other than 5E and the D&D Classic line, that was the only legal way of obtaining those modules.

As a DM, the alternative is entering the data yourself from within the UI. It's a bit time-consuming but the trick is to only enter what you need right away then slowly enter more as part of your normal prep. Especially if you know in advance what classes your players might want, then you can just enter those classes and the data available (skills, feats, spells) that those classes will use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzt View Post
    My understanding of "Rule sets" is access to all the information and materials from those rulesets.
    For Fantasy Grounds the term "ruleset" means the under-the-hood code and scripts that tell FG how a given game system plays. The actual data those scripts use is what is contained in the various modules. So while the "4E ruleset" might know what a critical hit or feat or spell or whatever is and how to roll the dice for certain things, "magic missile" or "paladin" or "battleaxe" would be examples of data from a Players Handbook module.
    Last edited by Talyn; September 25th, 2021 at 20:50.

Thread Information