5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

The new LOS Blocker controls in v4.1.8 are great!

I am posting this to bring attention to new features added in the latest update. I know many people do not read patch notes but two new FG LOS controls have been added that are really powerful. I was able to take a map from the Sunless Citadel and simplify the LOS blockers with just a few clicks. The other feature will allow you to quickly change previously drawn blockers to a different type. Before you would have to delete and redraw the blocker. This is a big time saver. My thanks to the Devs that are continually working hard to create the best VTT.

In the latest update new controls were added to adjust LOS Blockers.

• When using image data panel line-of-sight tools, hold Control key and click on blocker type to change selected blocker line/shape to new blocker type.
    • When using image data panel line-of-sight tools, a new Simplify option is available to simplify selected blocker line/shape.

If you are a GM that creates LOS for your maps these tools are going to really help you create better maps for your players.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Blog Entries
    I saw those two and was excited to see them as well. Will look forward to being able to use them myself

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's great, gonna fiddle about with that on some maps I messed up.

What does this do?
    “When using image data panel line-of-sight tools, a new Simplify option is available to simplify selected blocker line/shape.”

I also have found that the LOS points have changed where they place according the the pixels. I think there is a smaller x/y field for the points to be placed now. I could tell by how the points are place when next to the grid lines.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBetween View Post
    What does this do?
    “When using image data panel line-of-sight tools, a new Simplify option is available to simplify selected blocker line/shape.”
    It will remove LOS points which reduce the complexity of the LOS calculation. It's not really meant for basic blocker shapes. One of the best uses for me has been to reduce the number of LOS points used on maps with natural cave walls. Sunless Citadel has far to many points in my opinion. I don't fault the contributor of the LOS data because when the LOS map was created most people had know idea how it would effect performance.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Blog Entries
    LOS points now (last several builds I think) are only placed to within one decimal point of accuracy. I'm sure it helps performance only having to do calculations to one decimal point rather than 32 (or whatever accuracy the data type defaults to)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Just beware its not perfect. You need to track if it makes transitions between a circle and a line worse (crooked) by removing a key point. Best for things that do not radically change geometries as the transition areas can be messed up. A cave complex should work well with it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

With all of the recent and continuing improvements in the field, what is the latest in terms of video tutorials on LOS and dynamic lighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    With all of the recent and continuing improvements in the field, what is the latest in terms of video tutorials on LOS and dynamic lighting?
    Most of the improvements have been performance related so not something that would make a good video. There's a video on the latest tools added here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112 and it's always worth keeping an eye on the Fantasy Grounds YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/Fantasygrounds
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information