Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Stream FGU problems

    What are the minimum requirements to run FGU and Streamline OBS to share with discord and twitch? Also using Syrinscape.

    The minimum to run it properly, thank you in advance folks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Wolf View Post
    What are the minimum requirements to run FGU and Streamline OBS to share with discord and twitch? Also using Syrinscape.

    The minimum to run it properly, thank you in advance folks.
    Here are the Fantasy Grounds Unity System Requirements (Minimum)
    CPU SPEED: 1.6 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    OS: 64-bit (x64) Windows 8x or 10x
    VIDEO CARD: Graphics card with DX10 (Shader Model 4.0) capabilities and a minimum of 2 GB of graphics memory
    PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
    VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
    FREE DISK SPACE: 200 MB
    DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
    Source: https://www.systemrequirementslab.co...ds-unity/20349

    OBS and the Syrnscape are very subjective to your settings and your internet bandwidth.
    A suggested upload speed is around 10 Mbps for Twitch...Bandwidth is your main concern when streaming.
    When you ask these types of tech questions, be sure to understand that mainly only Fantasy Grounds might be considered for an answer, however, people will or might give you suggestions, but that is based on their own computer settings, etc...
    Also, include your current Operating Ssytem so we do not assume you are just using Windows.
    FGC (Fantasy Grounds College) Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun
    FGC Team Member
    http://www.fantasygroundscollege.net

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Here are the Fantasy Grounds Unity System Requirements (Minimum)
    CPU SPEED: 1.6 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    OS: 64-bit (x64) Windows 8x or 10x
    VIDEO CARD: Graphics card with DX10 (Shader Model 4.0) capabilities and a minimum of 2 GB of graphics memory
    PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
    VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
    FREE DISK SPACE: 200 MB
    DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
    Source: https://www.systemrequirementslab.co...ds-unity/20349

    OBS and the Syrnscape are very subjective to your settings and your internet bandwidth.
    A suggested upload speed is around 10 Mbps for Twitch...Bandwidth is your main concern when streaming.
    When you ask these types of tech questions, be sure to understand that mainly only Fantasy Grounds might be considered for an answer, however, people will or might give you suggestions, but that is based on their own computer settings, etc...
    Also, include your current Operating Ssytem so we do not assume you are just using Windows.
    My OS is Windows 10, my download and upload bandwidth are 40mbs, syrinscape I'm using online player, Fantasy grounds and syrinscape by themselves work great, but when I open the stream even to just use the cam from OBS to discord, it lags a lot :/

  4. #4
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,423
    Blog Entries
    21
    There is a recent issue we are investigating where people are experiencing lag with the recent build that they did not previously experience. It may have nothing to do with your system.

  5. #5
    This is the information about my hardwareCaptura.PNG

  6. #6
    This is the information about my hardware

    Captura.PNG

  7. #7
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    14,560
    Blog Entries
    9
    I think your upload bandwidth is going to be the driving factor. As mentioned, Twitch is going to want 10+ of your 40 Mbps, then FG is going to use some, and will depend upon how often you share images and how large they are (i.e. may well be very "spikey"). Then you are going to have to account for every device on your network (other computers, TVs, tablets, phones, etc) that are using bandwidth. In my house, that would significant (and is in part why I run 300/300 Mbps).
    Last edited by LordEntrails; September 21st, 2021 at 19:58.

  8. #8
    40 Mps should be perfectly fine. I‘m on 50 Mps with IPTV in the house and can run FGU just fine with the TV, FGU and Teams video meeting running.

  9. #9
    OBS also has to be set up correctly in regards to your system and needs. Try to research optimal OBS settings and that might help with the lag. If you are using a ton of overlays, graphics, short video loops, etc, that will cause lag too in my experience. It might be that OBS is trying to upload with too high of settings.

    Good Luck.
    FGC (Fantasy Grounds College) Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun
    FGC Team Member
    http://www.fantasygroundscollege.net

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    OBS also has to be set up correctly in regards to your system and needs. Try to research optimal OBS settings and that might help with the lag. If you are using a ton of overlays, graphics, short video loops, etc, that will cause lag too in my experience. It might be that OBS is trying to upload with too high of settings.

    Good Luck.
    I did a test with this and it got significantly better, also during this testI almost have no modules uploaded, does this also affects?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Starfinder Playlist

Log in

Log in