DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Where do i start to set up my Rules, and modules.

HI i just currently purchased a ultimate subscription to run a 4th edition dungeon and dragons campaign . But i don't understand where the rulesets are and the module information. The site says that it comes with 4th edition dnd ruleset but im not seeing anything to use.

thanks in advance for any help.

The Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition ruleset does not come with any data, as Wizards of the Coast does not allow licensing of their 4E data. There is a game system framework (ruleset) included that has sheets, trackers, built-in rolls, etc. Just choose Create Campaign on the launch screen, then select Dungeons and Dragons (4E). However, as noted, there is no data available with the ruleset.

The 5th edition and 3.5 edition of D&D both come with the SRD data that can be provided without additional licensing. Additionally, for 5E D&D, all of the D&D books can be purchased through the FG store, which include the data from those books.

Regards,
    JPG

that is unfortunate i had the 4th edition DDI insider but they recently removed it and although i have hard copies of the books i didnt want to add all the information. i saw some videos where 4th edition was automated with fantasy grounds can i manually add the information would the system still work??

Hi, while I don't play 4th edition in Fantasy Grounds I do still play 3.5/Pathfinder, D&D5th and Starfinder....So yes in short order you can manually add your 4th edition stuff into FG. I would recommend getting the PDFs so you can cut and paste your info from there. That said inputting a rulebook with options can be a bit daunting, but if show all your buttons on the side bar you could start with inputting the feats and the moving to other easier options. Again you can manually input your data from your stuff.

Good luck sir.

Thanks Jesse my husband also just told me he has parsed 4th edition files from when he used fantasy grounds back in the day but has no idea if it works with the new "Unity" version not sure what that means but ill have to look into it.

I was reading about the parser, it would probably be more helpful if Wizards still has the DDI active. The real answer is that WOTC needs to give Smiteworks the license and permission to release 4th edition content. If they did that you would start setting FG conversion of the Player's handbook, Essential Guides, etc.

FG is an awesome VTT program. Its the one I have the most experience with although I have used Foundary VTT, Roll20, Maptools, etc.

If you decide to manually input your stuff in check out the videos on created Modules and such before you get started otherwise you'll wind up with a giant module like I did when I was first learning. All Forgotten Realms 3.5 stuff is all in one Module.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paige2208 View Post
    Thanks Jesse my husband also just told me he has parsed 4th edition files from when he used fantasy grounds back in the day but has no idea if it works with the new "Unity" version not sure what that means but ill have to look into it.
    They should work with Unity. If you have any issues let me know and I will try to help.

Were gonna try to add the files tomorrow if i have any issues ill have my husband explain what files he has thanks for all the help and quick responses everyone.

Thread Information