STAR TREK 2d20

What is the best way to remove levels from PC?

I need to remove a level from every PC in the party, including skills, feats, HP, etc.

What is the best way?
    I go to the Tracker to see feats added and can remove them but how about HP, spells chosen, etc.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Thanks for the info but I cannot find a file with the previous PCs in them.
    I go into the character selection and choose import.
    I choose the a db.session file from 1 month ago where the PCs are a lower level and it successfully imports the file but the PCs don't show up in the character selection window.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

To reduce HP you need to reduce the level of the PC. Go to the main tab of the PC sheet and click the magnifying glass next to the class entry, then change the level for the class to one less (click on the number field and type the number).

For spells, you'll need to open the spell class header and adjust the spells per level as appropriate, then delete the spells the PC no longer has from the spell class.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks.
    The only thing that is missing really is if a skill proficiency got upgraded.
    That isn't recorded anywhere I can see.

When you level up a PC it tells you in the tracker what needs to be adjusted. From there you could theoretically look in the db.xml file to see the changes made.

I personally use PathBuilder to track my player's character sheets as we go just in case of something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNugget View Post
    When you level up a PC it tells you in the tracker what needs to be adjusted. From there you could theoretically look in the db.xml file to see the changes made.
    As mentioned above the tracker is a good place to see what feats, abilities, etc. have been added to a PC; but manual changes to skill proficiencies aren't tracked. The db.xml file doesn't store previous values. So you don't know exactly what's been changed when. Everything in the db.xml file for the character sheet is shown in the character sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As mentioned above the tracker is a good place to see what feats, abilities, etc. have been added to a PC; but manual changes to skill proficiencies aren't tracked.
    Good to know regarding the db.xml

As far as the tracker goes, I thought it advised to level up skills in the tracker or to add X proficiencies. I just meant you could go back and do the math to make sure the skill trainings line up. My mistake for implying that it tracked which skills specifically were levelled.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNugget View Post
    As far as the tracker goes, I thought it advised to level up skills in the tracker or to add X proficiencies.
    It does, but it doesn't track which skills you increase. Skills can also have their proficiency level changed by the class, abilities and feats. Whereas it should be possible to work it all out - i.e. check what you should have now. It won't he possible to know which skill was changed at the level up - so it might mean that the PC ends up a bit different to what they were before. For example, a PC should have 8 skills trained at their amended level, but they have 7 trained - you'll need to go through all of the PC background, class, abilities and feats to work out what they get from those; then you'll hopefully have something like "I have 4 skills trained that aren't accounted for in abilities etc., whereas I should only have 3 skills trained." They can reduce one skill, but if the player doesn't remember which one it was, it could be that the character is essentially retraining a skill for free.

I think the best way is to save the PC every time before they level up.

So you have Teacup - lvl 1.xml, Teacup - lvl 2.xml, etc.

Thread Information