FG Spreadshirt Swag

PF2 - Automating Bleed and Flaming on Crit

In Pathfinder 2E I have upgraded weapons to add the flaming and wounding runes. These add a persistent 1d10 fire and 1d12 Bleed on a critical hit. Is it possible to automate this in Fantasy Grounds?

[Moved thread to the Pathfinder 2.0 sub-forum. It's best to ask system specific questions in the forum that that system.]

You can't automate the application of the persistent damage on a critical. But you can manually add effects of PERS: 1d10 fire and PERS: 1d12 bleed to the target.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can't automate the application of the persistent damage on a critical. But you can manually add effects of PERS: 1d10 fire and PERS: 1d12 bleed to the target.
    If I'm using a weapon like that or something, I like to create a cantrip spell that will do this with just a press of a button. That way I don't have to remember if it was Persistent or PERS and whether I was supposed to include a colon somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    [Moved thread to the Pathfinder 2.0 sub-forum. It's best to ask system specific questions in the forum that that system.]

Can we automate the application of additional damage on a crit, such as the bonus damage from critical specialization with the Pick class of weapons (which adds 2 damage per weapon die on a crit)? I have an ability set up to separately apply the bonus damage with a click, but I'd like to eliminate the extra step and have the damage all added together before applying resistance, etc.

Thanks for all you do, Trenloe.
    Last edited by rhollander10; March 10th, 2022 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by rhollander10 View Post
    Can we automate the application of additional damage on a crit, such as the bonus damage from critical specialization with the Pick class of weapons (which adds 2 damage per weapon die on a crit)? I have an ability set up to separately apply the bonus damage with a click, but I'd like to eliminate the extra step and have the damage all added together before applying resistance, etc.
    Weapon critical specializations aren't currently specifically coded into the ruleset. For the pick, you could have an effect you apply before rolling damage, which would add the damage to the damage roll, rather than applying a separate damage action after. Make an effect, target self, expire on next action: DMG: XX critical - where XX is the amount of extra damage. This will be added to the critical portion of the damage for the next damage check and will be removed (due to the expire on next action setting).

Quote Originally Posted by rhollander10 View Post
    Thanks for all you do, Trenloe.
    Thank you!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information