DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia

Unusual Races - Base Movement

I've been playing around with a few NPCs to a) make the party a bit less fragile and b) to make things more 'interesting'. On a whim, I made one of the NPCs a centaur (per C&T) - should make life interesting when I involves stairs etc. However, I've noticed that the base movement doesn't form part of the stats, so it uses the default. I can understand this since it's not necessary for normal races, plus there's a lovely calculation that modifies it per the character's height, which will probably get messed up if we start tinkering with movement rates. It's not a major thing, but with the centaur having a base rate of 110', I need to handle it some way - I can sort it out manually, but I wondered if there's anything I can do within the ruleset as it stands (doesn't look like I can change the BMR on the character sheet, so presumably is hard coded).

Hi QuirkyBirky,

You can do that by clicking the magnifying glass for Move & Init on the Main tab of the Character Sheet. Just fill in the additional distance in the Misc field like this:
    RMC Centaur Move Example.PNG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Thanks Dakadin.

That's an embarrassingly quick and easy solution to long and drawn out question. I guess I was getting hung up on the base movement and totally ignored the miscellaneous modifier.

Thread Information