5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Marker tool after deleting, my players see nothing while I still see the marks

Hello everyone.

It seems the eraser tool for the marker does not work.

I mean I try to delete the marker, it is deleted for my players but I still see the markings on my map. It seems erasing does not work for me as a GM.

Did you know this issue?

Am I missing something?
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

What do you mean by "marker"? Are you talking about the pencil/drawing tool on the toolbar?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; September 16th, 2021 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    What do you mean by "marker"? Are you talking about the pencil/drawing tool on the toolbar?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Yes exactly, the pencil does not erase for the GM

If I erase, the players will not see it anymore but I can't delete anything, it remains there for me as GM.

I was able to recreate some issues with local display updates in relation to the drawing and erase tools. I've submitted to our image control developer for review.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I was able to recreate some issues with local display updates in relation to the drawing and erase tools. I've submitted to our image control developer for review.

Thanks,
    JPG
    thank you very much is really an annoying bug, especially for GMs

A player yesterday used the pen tool to make a drawing. Then used the eraser to remove the drawing but it didn’t erase. She saw what appeared to be some eraser masking when attempting to erase. She then closed the map and reopened which solved the issue with the erased drawing being shown.

OK I ill try, it is a workaround till the bug is fixed anyway

The bug is still there I have to close the map and reopen for the marks to go away, otherwise they don't

Yes, it is still present in the Live version. I had a partial fix submitted for the last update; but there were still issues. I have another update ready for testing, but won't be out for at least another week.

Regards,
    JPG

The latest release should improve the cross-client drawing behavior to be more consistent when drawing/erasing; though the undo/redo is not working correctly. We'll be continuing to chip away at this.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information