5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Moon,

Any plans to provide an API to access the FoW data in the near future?

Jason

Not in the near future. The data has been in flux a bit over the year with lighting/vision/fow/los changes; and I don't want to lock us into a set of APIs at this point. We do have plans eventually, but no announced plans.

Regards,
    JPG

@SilentRuin, would that code be able to be used at image close to retain FoW on a map and be able to bring it back on image open?

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    @SilentRuin, would that code be able to be used at image close to retain FoW on a map and be able to bring it back on image open?
    Probably, you'd have to try it. I was trying to solve a specific problem in polymorphism where when a PC/NPC transforms to another NPC and the token changes and loses the previous FOW (obviously as its a new token). I wanted to preserve the previous FOW in the newly created token between transformations. Was simply to painful to bother with for the reasons I stated. But if your not concerned with runtime and doing it simply on shutdown of app and startup of app it should be fine. But there would always be risk you'd mess something up as things can crash leaving some old bogus .xml out there that would destroy your previous data. Personally, I'll wait till FGU comes up with the API as its too risky without putting in a bunch of safeguards for me to mess with something like that. But feel free.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information