DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issue with the fully parsed library of 4e. It runs like molasses

I heard that the official tool got discontinued, so I rummaged about some of my files from years ago and found my parsed library from it. It has everything, which is sort of the issue. For some reason it runs very poorly in Unity. Loading thousands of powers and monsters alone slow the client to slideshow levels. Is there some way to allow FGU to allocate more resources to run smoother? Also I assume I am not allowed to share these files with the community despite the treasure trove of information it contains?
    Developer and FGU Ultimate User

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I heard that the official tool got discontinued, so I rummaged about some of my files from years ago and found my parsed library from it. It has everything, which is sort of the issue. For some reason it runs very poorly in Unity. Loading thousands of powers and monsters alone slow the client to slideshow levels. Is there some way to allow FGU to allocate more resources to run smoother? Also I assume I am not allowed to share these files with the community despite the treasure trove of information it contains?
    Unzip the mod file and use it as a folder instead. It's faster to load some screens.

If its all one mod file with everything I'm surprised FGU is responsive. You need to try and break up that file into smaller parts and only load the modules you need. And yeah, cant share the 4e stuff here. Copyright stuff.

It's all one file and uh... it's responsive. Sorta.

Is there any plans to ever get the books in the store? I wouldn't mind tossing cash at Smiteworks if they get the license for 4E. Hell, it's a travesty they don't have 4E cause Fantasy Grounds feels as if it was made to run 4E. It just beats the pants off all the other options.
    Developer and FGU Ultimate User

We've asked multiple times over the years, including this year. We have not received approval to offer 4E content. You'll have to work on Wizards to get them to allow licensing.

Regards,
    JPG

Is there a contact at WotC we can contact? Cuz contacting a generic “customer service” line wouldn’t sound promising.

We don't have any contacts we can share; so social media contact is probably the best bet.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information