5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LFG 2E Campaign Bi-Weekly Fri or Sat Eve. 4 Players Needed Time TBD

FG License: DM Has FGU Ultimate and most of the official 2E books for fantasy grounds
    Time Zone: Central Time USA
    Days of Week: Friday evening or Saturday Afternoon/Evening (3-4 hour sessions)
    Frequency: Bi-Weekly (wish it could be more, but real life and all...)
    Term: Campaign
    Voice: Discord
    Game System: 2E D&D
    Game Experience: DM'ing since the early 1980's
    Character Type Preferred: Any
    Number of Players: 4-6

I've been playing pencil and paper D&D since the early 1980's. Only ever played AD&D 1e and 2e. I tried playing 5E, but to be honest, it's too easy for players. The old system is the best and to this day I don't understand what people's problems are with negative armor classes and THACO. I play the game because I love it. I'm not a rules hawk... The number one rule of D&D for me was that no rule is set in stone. If you're going to quote rules to me constantly, go elsewhere. We will not get along. Only other thing that's really important about me... I'm not big on voices, and staying in character, etc... For real, I'm over 50 years old. I don't do voices. I don't expect my players to stay in character. That kind of play gives me the creeps. I'm the kind of DM that likes hack and slash, find cool treasure, figure out some puzzles, and try to stay alive fighting some monsters that are actually tough. I don't go for the total party kill, but if you aren't prepared to have your character killed if you do something stupid, or try to fight a creature that's way too strong, or jump over a 10 ft wide pit of acid while wearing plate mail and think that your character being killed is unreasonable, go play 5E.

I am essentially looking for a group of "epicly" experienced gamers like myself that just want to have some old school fun.

To that end, I am planning to play a campaign in the GreyHawk setting, starting with the Keep on the Borderlands adventure. I have many of the 2E adventures, such as the Slavers series, Against the Giants, D1-D3, Q1, Night Below, Tomb of Horrors, etc... I will be throwing homebrew in as well, but the plan is to replay some of these classics in the campaign.

I'd like to have a 0 session to create players, etc sometime in the next 2 weeks for everyone to create characters and get to know one another a bit before starting the actual campaign. Then we can all figure out what times work best to play and get things going!

Interested for Friday nights... I'll put a watch on the thread to keep an eye on things. The classics are nostalgic to me and I'd love to run through 'em.

It's looking pretty good for Friday night so far. Just waiting to see if we get a couple more interested players.

What time on Friday nights are you looking to play? I'd definitely be interested in playing those adventures as well as ToEE if that's in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by MenzelG View Post
    What time on Friday nights are you looking to play? I'd definitely be interested in playing those adventures as well as ToEE if that's in the mix.
    Agreed, definately interested....what time are you thinking. I have been playing since the 80's as well....54 Yr Old here....have all of the adventures you listed as well....would love to hear more....but time slot is important....thanks for posting

I think we have enough people ready to play, I will send out some invites to my discord server a bit later and let's see if we can all come to a consensus on when to hold a 0 session and get some players created.

Thread Information