STAR TREK 2d20

Encounter XP awards

I am curious if there are any planned changes to the way Encounter XP is calculated and given to the party. The problem is that the encounter system in Fantasy Grounds assumes that the encounter has a fixed XP value, but in PF2, the xp value is dependent on the party level. It would be nice if, when awarding an encounter to the party, it would dynamically calculate the xp value based on the average party level.

This planned for release 20 sometime next year - info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post602985

An encounter is usually listed as a specific threat for a party of 4 PCs at an average level. For example, Severe 2, Moderate 1, Low 3, etc.. The general rule of thumb is that if the party level is one below then the threat increases by 1, two below and it increases by 2; similarly, if one above the encounter threat reduces by 1, etc.. See TABLE 10-1: Encounter Budget from the Core Rules (in the "Tables" section at the back of the Core Rules DLC Reference Manual in FG - C10 - Tables page) for the different threat levels.If you need to adjust the XP awarded along these lines, add the encounter to the XP section of the Party Sheet and then adjust the XP there before awarding to the party.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information