FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player Quest log

Hi... I have now been using FG for a bit over a month, comming from roll20. And after a tough start (this program have a steep learning curve) I am finally starting to realize all my options and figuring out all the things FG can actually do to improve my game. Only thing I cant get my head around, after starting a ToA campaign, is why they didnt make a players map of chult like in roll20 where you can just delete the white hexes as the players explore. It seems like that would be easy to implement, and I will still use roll20 for that one map.

Anyways, to my problem... I am beginning to explore quests, and I first thought that when I put them in the party sheet, that they would be able to see active quests in there and click off those they had finished and so on, which would be great for those situations where I as a GM throw a bunch of small side quests at them, but it dosnt seem to work that way. Are there any way to achieve what I was looking for with the tools available?

Blog Entries
    Share, you have to share so.ething, like a quest, before the ayers can see it. I usually share by opening the object, then right click and share.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There isn't a way (easy or otherwise) to make a players map in such a way that you can just click a hex and it goes away. What you can do is take the map which has the large blank area in the middle of it and then drag the provided complete map on top of it. Use the map with the blank middle as a guide to draw in a mask on the complete map. You can then hide the layer with the blank map on it and you have a masked complete players map. When the players explore a hex then remove that area of the map.

As with many things in FGU you can right click and select share and so it is with quests. Create your quests in the quests tab and then when it is time share it with your players (you can even share it with just a selection of players by dragging and dropping it on the player portrait). Thus the players will have a complete list of active quests when they click on the quests tab on their end. Once the quest is done un-share it again to remove it from their list. the party sheet is only used to distribute experience points for completing quests
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There isn't a way (easy or otherwise) to make a players map in such a way that you can just click a hex and it goes away. What you can do is take the map which has the large blank area in the middle of it and then drag the provided complete map on top of it. Use the map with the blank middle as a guide to draw in a mask on the complete map. You can then hide the layer with the blank map on it and you have a masked complete players map. When the players explore a hex then remove that area of the map.

As with many things in FGU you can right click and select share and so it is with quests. Create your quests in the quests tab and then when it is time share it with your players (you can even share it with just a selection of players by dragging and dropping it on the player portrait). Thus the players will have a complete list of active quests when they click on the quests tab on their end. Once the quest is done un-share it again to remove it from their list. the party sheet is only used to distribute experience points for completing quests
    Ok, so by doing it that way, they would have windows open with the different quests right? Because I know I can share it here and now and they can see it. But what I wanted was a quests log of some kind where all active quests were gathered and they players could access them at any point.

As I said they can click on the quest button on the right hand side and they'll see all of the quests that they have. They don't need to have all of them open. I link all active quests to the message of the day so that the players get a reminder of what unresolved quests they have when they join the session, but otherwise the quests are available from the quests list. I'm not sure what other kind of list you'd need.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As I said they can click on the quest button on the right hand side and they'll see all of the quests that they have. They don't need to have all of them open. I link all active quests to the message of the day so that the players get a reminder of what unresolved quests they have when they join the session, but otherwise the quests are available from the quests list. I'm not sure what other kind of list you'd need.
    Ahh, gotcha... So the problem is I think, that they dont have the quest button in the sidebar, so they need to enable that in options.

Quote Originally Posted by valle1 View Post
    Ahh, gotcha... So the problem is I think, that they dont have the quest button in the sidebar, so they need to enable that in options.
    Indeed.

Indeed.
    Yep, it fixed it, thank you for the help.

I highly recommend a free class or two from the Acadamy. https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

Also, welcome to the FG forums and community

So a slight rez of this issue. I'm using the 5e ruleset and the Dragon Heist module. I bring up the "Volo's Quest" quest and I am able to right click and share it and drag the button and drop it on a pc and they are able to see it. My problem is that it is not storing in the players Quest button for tracking and viewing later. I don't see this addressed in the wiki - what am I missing?

Thread Information