Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 25 of 49 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    Unfortunately, after my most recent session, I've decided to uninstall this extension. I understand that the underlying code had to be fixed to work with the changes to FGU and become more compatible with other extensions, but the UI is objectively worse than the old one and I genuinely don't understand why such dramatic changes to the aesthetics were necessary.

I was willing to tolerate it if my players liked it, but they finally told me they dislike it as well.

At any rate, I appreciate the time and effort you put in to this extension, it's just not for my players or I, anymore.
    You can use the one from a few updates ago if you want, hit me up, I still use that one because A) It works and B) It has the old layout still.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    What is the version and can you load a screenshot?
    Not sure what version it is...but the date was dated this month. So there's still some confusion (for me) as far as what the latest version/name I'm using.

I have have three extensions to do with rolling requests:

5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext - LOVE this version but it doesn't work anymore.....my players loved it too

5e_Roll_For_Initiative.ext - not nearly as nice looking interface - can't quite get it to work properly but it does function

RequestedRolls.ext - do NOT like the interface and I can't seem to get to function at all

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    Unfortunately, after my most recent session, I've decided to uninstall this extension. I understand that the underlying code had to be fixed to work with the changes to FGU and become more compatible with other extensions, but the UI is objectively worse than the old one and I genuinely don't understand why such dramatic changes to the aesthetics were necessary.

I was willing to tolerate it if my players liked it, but they finally told me they dislike it as well.

At any rate, I appreciate the time and effort you put in to this extension, it's just not for my players or I, anymore.
    I echo your sentiments and for the same reasons. Love the old interface and appreciate the time and effort it took to make it. If I can't have what I prefer, I'll just go back to having my players roll. It's really not that big of a deal, it was just nice for a while to use the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You can use the one from a few updates ago if you want, hit me up, I still use that one because A) It works and B) It has the old layout still.
    That'd be great. Can you PM me a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by fogcutter View Post
    Not sure what version it is...but the date was dated this month. So there's still some confusion (for me) as far as what the latest version/name I'm using.

I have have three extensions to do with rolling requests:

5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext - LOVE this version but it doesn't work anymore.....my players loved it too

5e_Roll_For_Initiative.ext - not nearly as nice looking interface - can't quite get it to work properly but it does function

RequestedRolls.ext - do NOT like the interface and I can't seem to get to function at all
    The version will be displayed to chat along with the title Requested Rolls when you startup the session. As a note, none of those extensions are compatible with each other.
    Regarding RR, I'm not getting substantiated reports of it outright not working, so it's possibly related to your specific setup.

Yeah, I've been using RR in 4 campaigns now, without issue. and we are using 50-60 extensions. So likely some kind of specific extension conflict or duplication
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Since there has been a fair amount of traffic today, I may as well share that my next update will feature the return of indicators to show which players have rolls they still need to do. I still have one minor bug to hammer out on that. You will also be able to choose which expander trays show on the console and hide the others.

I may be able to introduce a setting where you click a button in the expander and it sends the roll. Putting the DCs on the expanders is more tricky than anticipated because of the way they are built as a class and FG's limitations. This would be trivial if there was only one field to set DC. I am open to feedback on this, and have created a poll for these.

Edit: also fixed a minor bug for npc rolls that nobody has reported
    Last edited by mccartysr; January 11th, 2022 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Since there has been a fair amount of traffic today, I may as well share that my next update will feature the return of indicators to show which players have rolls they still need to do. I still have one minor bug to hammer out on that. You will also be able to choose which expander trays show on the console and hide the others.

I may be able to introduce a setting where you click a button in the expander and it sends the roll. Putting the DCs on the expanders is more tricky than anticipated because of the way they are built as a class and FG's limitations. This would be trivial if there was only one field to set DC. I am open to feedback on this, and have created a poll for these.

Edit: also fixed a minor bug for npc rolls that nobody has reported
    Sounds great. Looking forward to testing it.

Just wanted to throw my voice in the ring saying thank you to Mccartysr for the extension at all. Minor quibbles at best, the heart of allowing a DM to request a roll without breaking "the story" and to force those rolls hidden (versus "oops, I forgot the dice tower, but since I rolled a 17 do you still want me to re-roll it?").
    For Perception, Investigation and Knowledge checks, I force hidden and don't even enter a DC. I'll figure out who knows what when I see the results. For Saving Throws, or opposed checks, I will enter DC's, but a lot of those things are already automated by effects.

Just wanted to say Thanks to @mccartysr for this extension. I love it. I like the new UI over the old one. More compact and to the point. It did take me a bit to get used to it, but I really do think it is a significant improvement.

Again..Thanks!!

Agree with aboves. The first FGU functionality that I had to pitch out was any and all NPC spell casting requiring a saving throw. My players have demanded “requested rolls'' for saving throws from the get go - which I’ve been doing verbally. This extension brings back so much automation and functionality to the system as a whole.

And a (verbal) request to the whole party for say a Perception check leads to not only Perception rolls outside the dice tower, but to just random d20s tossed in the chat window. Now with this extension, so many of these headaches have vanished.

Having come to the extension recently, I can’t comment on this UI with what was there before. The only (briefly) initially confusing thing to me was the request pop-up window being the manual rolls window - I thought the “manual rolls” option was stuck and I kept trying to turn it off.

Thread Information