DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 15 of 49 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by smokebadger View Post
    Huge LUA error trying to do a roll hidden from players
    I cannot troubleshoot without details. I presume you are running other extensions and one of them is the problem, and I cannot collaborate with that creator unless I know which extension is causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm getting all rolls as manual rolls as a pop up. Where the players/NPCs can enter any roll when I sent/ask them for a roll in there.

When I use my exts, it has a conflict and no longer is working with them as it did before.
    I am unsure what you are saying the issue with manual rolls is. Manual rolls is a part of CoreRPG and has been around for awhile. I just use their interface. And if they enter dice values, the system tells you it was manually entered. I made the decision that the set people who want to click buttons are probably related to the set of people who like manual rolls.

I cannot troubleshoot or collaborate without knowing what it is not working with.

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    I am unsure what you are saying the issue with manual rolls is. Manual rolls is a part of CoreRPG and has been around for awhile. I just use their interface. And if they enter dice values, the system tells you it was manually entered. I made the decision that the set people who want to click buttons are probably related to the set of people who like manual rolls.

I cannot troubleshoot or collaborate without knowing what it is not working with.
    1)Normally, I use about 100 EXTs, so I've not limited it down to what is causing the conflict. However, it's something that was changed in the last 2 or 3 days.

Manual Rolls (No EXTs loaded) is being caused by this ext. So even with manual rolls off (the basic one in 5E), when I request a roll for someone it's giving them a manual roll option in there. So now out of all the buttons they have to figure out which one to click. If they do the wrong one, it will come out as a manual roll and they can also change the roll to anything they want and click checkbox and it will be that roll (because they can manually roll). This is not how it used to be, the interface is worse because it's more confusing, more clicks and harder to click locations (very hard to click on because smaller and not as easy to see).

One of the major things about this ext before this change was that it was BETTER than the party sheet. Now, I might as well just use the party sheet.

Also it's not poping up save throws that are dropped on/targeted saves as before. When you put ON "Prompt owner to roll saves". So I don't think its even doing any of the updated tools it was set to do in it's current state.

I can whittle it down to what ext is causing the issue with the first part, however, because of the second issue and the layout changes I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm likely just go back to RFIA++ and fix any issues with it, as this is changing into directions that seem like it's less useful.

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    I cannot troubleshoot without details. I presume you are running other extensions and one of them is the problem, and I cannot collaborate with that creator unless I know which extension is causing the issue.
    When you select the option to hide roll results, you get:
    [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower)

So far the only bug I have found.

Edit: It appears if the dice tower is not on then a reboot is needed. It seems to be working now.
    Last edited by nephranka; December 18th, 2021 at 03:15.

Hi MrDDT,

not to speak out of turn, but it seems the use of the pop-up manual rolls window is now how this extension is intended to work, going forward. This to me is unfortunate as I tend to agree with you that this will cause confusion amongst my players as to what they are meant to do (I play with a lot of players new to D&D never mind FGU) as opposed to the simplicity of just having a huge button to press, which, without any explanation from me, all players have used instinctively. I really hope there is some way to just have a fork of development that retains the old interface (both DM and player facing) but fixes all the issues that had stopped me using it (doubling bonuses to rolls etc.)

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    1)Normally, I use about 100 EXTs, so I've not limited it down to what is causing the conflict. However, it's something that was changed in the last 2 or 3 days.

Manual Rolls (No EXTs loaded) is being caused by this ext. So even with manual rolls off (the basic one in 5E), when I request a roll for someone it's giving them a manual roll option in there. So now out of all the buttons they have to figure out which one to click. If they do the wrong one, it will come out as a manual roll and they can also change the roll to anything they want and click checkbox and it will be that roll (because they can manually roll). This is not how it used to be, the interface is worse because it's more confusing, more clicks and harder to click locations (very hard to click on because smaller and not as easy to see).

One of the major things about this ext before this change was that it was BETTER than the party sheet. Now, I might as well just use the party sheet.

Also it's not poping up save throws that are dropped on/targeted saves as before. When you put ON "Prompt owner to roll saves". So I don't think its even doing any of the updated tools it was set to do in it's current state.

I can whittle it down to what ext is causing the issue with the first part, however, because of the second issue and the layout changes I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm likely just go back to RFIA++ and fix any issues with it, as this is changing into directions that seem like it's less useful.
    - I announced about two weeks ago back in post #89, which you responded to, that I was using the built in manual rolls window to display rolls. You made your opposition to the main interface clear, but said nothing about the rolls in particular. I made the assumption that it was not causing concern to you. I am sorry this came as a surprise. Also, I don't see the issue with letting people manually roll. If they do, it clearly states in the roll result that it was a "[MANUAL ROLL]". This is a built in CoreRPG feature that I am using. There are three buttons on the player side roll. One is an "X", which FG uses to indicate close. One is a die, which FG uses to indicate rolls. One is "OK", which I did find a little confusing the first time I saw the interface, but I was quickly able to determine the function by clicking it once. If you have new players, I would recommend telling them that OK means the manual roll and the die has the roll go like normal.

- I can confirm that targeted saves are working as expected on host and client side. An NPC or PC forcing a saving throw causes a popup for any user that has turned on that option. I think the issue is something with your setup.

- I brought the buttons back, so I am not sure what your concerns are on the GM side. I really though that would meet your desires. The old interface was inextricably tied to the code that was causing conflicts, so I changed it to fix the issues. If you decide to come back, let me know and I would be happy to work on compatibility with the conflicting authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

I know this is a request rather than a bug, but would it be possible to put both a DC box and a Roll button next to 'Check', 'Save' and 'Skill' titles for the discrete buttons as well as the drop down menus? When I'm clicking a button in the middle or top of the window it then feels unergonomic to have to go to the bottom of the window to set up the DC and click the 'Roll' button. It makes the interaction feel slow and fiddly to me.

I will admit that I'm one of those who really didn't want the change to the new interface and maybe I'm trying to recreate the old user experience, but so far there feels like there's a disconnect between some of the various, linked, interactions on the interface. I'm not sold so far, sorry. (but I do very much appreciate the work you're putting in!)

Cheers,

Simon
    Thank you for the good feedback. I will look at this as it should be possible.

I will say at first I too was not a fan but I now think this is more about the change than the UI. After using it some, I find it works fine and if this had been the UI I started with I don't think I would have any issues. I appreciate the work to use existing core structure to minimize conflicts. My players like the options to do rolls or roll dice and input. I like being able to rename buttons and config the interface. It requires some training and adjustment but everything done has good logical reasons. Also, @srmccarty has listen and taken input from the community to make changes within scope, which is fantastic. For me, this trade off is acceptable but I understand not everyone would agree.
    Last edited by nephranka; December 18th, 2021 at 13:27.

So for the latest Beta version running pfrpg2. I love it. Hidden rolls do not function at all and adding an initaitive stealth button and then it would be perfect.
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

Love the extension. 5e game last night was throwing errors while trying to use hidden rolls. Will have to do some investigating to see if it was a conflicting extension or related to the dice tower issue mentioned above.

I think a lot of the comments since V2 are because V1 was pretty self explanatory just looking at the window. V2 would probably benefit from a quick 3 minute video on how to use it.

Thread Information