STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 13 of 49 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I'm partial to whatever version this is https://ibb.co/MVhQKr5. It's what I currently have installed.

Also, in the new version, it's losing a lot of functionality that is currently available. The design looks like an objective 2-steps backwards to me. Why does it need to change so dramatically?
    1. The incompatibility with other extensions required a rewrite of the core logic. The old layout was unbreakably intertwined with the core logic.
    2. I don't know what functionality this is losing. At this point, it can do more than the old version. (Except for the death saving throw button)
    Last edited by mccartysr; December 14th, 2021 at 04:45.

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    1. The incompatibility with other extensions required a rewrite of the core logic. The old layout was unbreakably intertwined with the core logic.
    2. I don't know what functionality this is losing. At this point, it can do more than the old version. (Except for the death saving throw button)
    To me either look fine, it will take slight getting used to but it looks good to me.
    It seems to me like it would work just like the current one.

One note is I would keep CON as CON and not use CONS.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    To me either look fine, it will take slight getting used to but it looks good to me.
    It seems to me like it would work just like the current one.

One note is I would keep CON as CON and not use CONS.
    That was a mistype on my part, but the advantage of this setup is that the abbreviations can be set the end user. Or not even used at all.

V2.0-beta.1

I finished making the updates I wanted faster than expect, and I have released an updated version of Requested Rolls into the "Test" channel. This is the second beta test for the major version change
    If you don't want these changes, you should stay in "Live". However, I would appreciate any feedback, to include that it is working. Please note the list of changes below.

At this point I am not aware of any bugs, and I consider all major features to be complete though there is still room for adjustments, especially for minor quality of life things.

As a note, the new option tab has fields for both name and short name for each action roll type. You can add the short name and that will be displayed instead of the long name on the main console page. You cannot delete the built in roll names, but you can set them to not be shown by clicking on the stars.

General code updates since previous beta
    • Add auto-close for roll window when last roll is executed
    • Add support for death and concentration popup rolls (fixed shortfall)
    • Fix logic error NPC popup roll displays
    • Fix errors for rulesets other than 3.5E and 5E for non-standard skills

Layout updates since previous beta
    • Added collapsible windows for buttons for checks, saves, and skills (fixed shortfall)
    • Buttons can display either the full title or a user selected abbreviation from the option tab
    • Added the Other tab where the user can add checks, saves, and skills in addition to selecting which ones appear as buttons

Concept pictures for this release are on post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post630350. There have been slight modifications made.

I like this new layout and the flexibility it offers. I was in the group of users happy with the quick-click layout of the original version, and this is a very nice compromise.

I see there is more room in the PC "quick select" toolbar for something like a proficiency star, so I could pick a skill or attribute and select all PCs with proficiency in that... Not a high priority, but a wishlist item for me

Just a huge thank you for picking this up and bringing it back to life. We appreciate the time you've put into it!

I'll try out the latest version this week, I'm looking forward to it.

Things are looking good but I don't see the 4 tools from MNM's ext in the buttons or on the other tab? There are in the list.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Death and Concentration words are a little misaligned in the pop up box as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Death and Concentration words are a little misaligned in the pop up box as well.
    So the manual rolls window basically always has a little overlap for the description, though I cannot replicate that amount of misalignment. Not sure what is going on there because all of my rolls get added using the manual roll window built in functionality.

Regarding MNM's tools, oops. I meant to pull those out of the hardcoding. For now, to use them you will want to add them on the Other tab and it will add their buttons and shouldn't conflict with the combobox (though you will see two entries for the combobox).

The alignment maybe my use of different fonts and scaleui for my setup.

Tools: as long as they are in one location I am good. I was just passing it along.
    Thanks!

Thread Information