DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.81%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 58.73%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.46%
Page 12 of 48 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    I gave it a spin in test. I will say at first I was not a fan of the reduced UI. But after a few rolls I am coming over to that side. General notes:

I agree that death save and concentration checks are things I would really like to see in the system. Players who like this want to click-roll everything.

Is there a way to close the rolls window after you complete a roll? This is adding extra clicks each roll and if the window is left open it takes up screen space which is counter to the design direction.

Otherwise, great work!

So, I'm not sure if this extension is working properly. If I set a DC and click 'request roll' on the window - that works fine. But It doesn't do anything if I click a save effect from the combat tracker. Is it supposed to do that?

Actually, I think its an error: I'm getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found)

Wondering what to do, if anyone has any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetesofos View Post
    So, I'm not sure if this extension is working properly. If I set a DC and click 'request roll' on the window - that works fine. But It doesn't do anything if I click a save effect from the combat tracker. Is it supposed to do that?

Actually, I think its an error: I'm getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found)

Wondering what to do, if anyone has any ideas.
    That error is caused by two extensions (Automatic Shield Master and Automatic Save Advantage) IF you have the -- "PC: Prompt owner to roll Saves" setting in the options menu turned on. Supposedly, it's fixed in a coming update. However, for now, you can either disable those two extensions or turn that setting off until the Requested Rolls update goes live.

So, I didn't have either of those. I tried both ways with PC: prompt on and off. Wierdly, with it Off - I couldn't get the system to even finish a saving throw for a player - they couldn't roll it, I couldn't cause it to roll by dragging an effect from the cT. It was very weird.

I had disable Requested Rolls - might be some other compatability issue, so maybe update will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetesofos View Post
    So, I didn't have either of those. I tried both ways with PC: prompt on and off. Wierdly, with it Off - I couldn't get the system to even finish a saving throw for a player - they couldn't roll it, I couldn't cause it to roll by dragging an effect from the cT. It was very weird.

I had disable Requested Rolls - might be some other compatability issue, so maybe update will help.
    There are a few other extensions that don't play well with RR and might be causing the issue. If you look through this thread, a few people have identified the, currently, incompatible extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Is there a way to close the rolls window after you complete a roll? This is adding extra clicks each roll and if the window is left open it takes up screen space which is counter to the design direction.

Otherwise, great work!
    Great suggestion. I was able to implement this.

been playing with the beta RR for pfrpg2 and it works great. if there is any info or if you want suggestions on what functions are good/bad or need to be added pm me and we can talk when you are at that point and ready.
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

Looking for general feedback on the layout. This is not currently available in Test, because some of the linking logic and other ruleset support is still needed. Update would be released to test in hopefully about a week.

General code updates
    • Add auto-close for roll window when last roll is executed
    • Add support for death and concentration popup rolls
    • Fix logic error NPC popup roll displays
    • Fix errors for rulesets other than 3.5E and 5E for non-standard skills

Layout updates
    • Added collapsible windows for buttons for checks, saves, and skills
    • Buttons can display either the full title or a user selected abbreviation.
    • Added the Other tab where the user can add checks, saves, and skills in addition to selecting which ones appear as buttons

Picture of the new main console RequestedRolls v2.0-beta.1 console 20211214.jpg
    Picture of the new option tab RequestedRolls v2.0-beta.1 options 20211214.jpg

I'm partial to whatever version this is https://ibb.co/MVhQKr5. It's what I currently have installed.

Also, in the new version, it's losing a lot of functionality that is currently available. The design looks like an objective 2-steps backwards to me. Why does it need to change so dramatically?

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I'm partial to whatever version this is https://ibb.co/MVhQKr5. It's what I currently have installed.

Also, in the new version, it's losing a lot of functionality that is currently available. The design looks like an objective 2-steps backwards to me. Why does it need to change so dramatically?
    I agree I like this one also, but I see what they are trying to do here, they are trying to get DM's the option to have a smaller pop up box for requesting rolls.

However for me, I like the current one and maybe just cut out some of the fluff around it.

Example would be almost always are the NPCs not needed to be seen, so maybe have that with a + that closes or opens it.
    There is a lot of spacing in the one BushViper is talking about (which is the current version), where you see "Select All NPCs" "Select Random NPCs" etc etc. This can be pushed down into a smaller fitting button.
    The Skills box can start off in a - state and then if you click it, it expands. This would cut out almost 1/2 of the window doesn. Once you expand it, it should remember that setting though (Personally, I would have everything expanded as I have tons of room on my set up).
    Dice rolls is rarely used from what I've seen. Most common to me is INIT and Skill checks. With of course the MODIFIERS used in those.

Thread Information