Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.81%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 58.73%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.46%
Page 11 of 48 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    Thanks for the tip about disabling through the forge just so can ensure we know when the change occurs (makes me think I will go grab a copy of the current version from my extensions and put it into a safe spot for later use if need be).

The new setup taking up less space is something that I think will be appreciated by many. Not sure from the screenshot if some of the symbols are just reduced setups for the current Select all, Select random, Deselect all (and if they would have tool tips in the new version if that is what they are).

So if it uses the built in modifiers from the desktop; does that mean the DM would put in the modifier from theirs and it gets sent or the person receiving the request would need to? The nice thing with the current setup for the modifiers is that it was all right in the same place (but utilizes built in functionality is always a good idea from a programming perspective).

One thing I have always wonder for the extension; is there a way to add Skills/Tools to the available list or have it read from the items in the available PCs/NPCs? Because it the current list does not include things like someone proficient in Lockpick tools or a Bard using an Instrument. There like is an easy way to add those but I never did delve far enough into it to figure it out.
    Yes, they are the select all, et al buttons and they have tooltips.

It uses the DMs modifiers. The change allows it to use things like the +2, -5 modifiers.and takes advantage of all of the rulesets built in modifier handling code and other extensions.

Yes, this would let you add skills like the tools and what not. My goal is to let the user add these on the fly, which is not feasible in the old model.

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    Pretty sure this update fixes incompatibility with 5e Indicators. This should also work better with other things that modify rolls.
    We're talking about the beta update you're currently working on, though, right? No the current stable version on Forge?

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    We're talking about the beta update you're currently working on, though, right? No the current stable version on Forge?
    Correct. The core code was entirely rewritten to hook in at a different place.

Correct. The core code was entirely rewritten to hook in at a different place.
    Ah, thank you. I'm looking forward to when it goes live!

Regarding requests for the buttons, I honestly don't know. The old setup used a lot of handjammed information and multiple obfuscating class layers, and now almost all of the roll options are loaded from DataCommon. I use the comboboxes because they are easily backed by a DB field with options that are as easy to add as putting the string I want to add.

I’ve been looking for this extension idea (I play PFRPG)! It’s not D&D without “Make a saving throw!” after a NPC spell cast action. Hoping this is compatible with Kelrugem’s overlay and tag extension for PFRPG…

Regarding requests for the buttons, I honestly don't know. The old setup used a lot of handjammed information and multiple obfuscating class layers, and now almost all of the roll options are loaded from DataCommon. I use the comboboxes because they are easily backed by a DB field with options that are as easy to add as putting the string I want to add.
    To be honest, the simplicity of clicking on the buttons vs pull down makes the tool useful to me. Without that, I might as well just ask the players to roll.
    Putting extra work on the GM each time they want to have players roll a check/roll is already high on the list of doing stuff for the GM. So the extra steps of pulling down each thing you want is very tedious for me as a GM and I'm very likely just to not use it.

I had absolutely no idea this extension had been abandoned until today when I started getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found) error.

I disabled both Automatic Shield Master and Automatic Save Advantage and haven't had any more problems....yet.

Also, Kent Mcullough (author of the two above extensions) was completely unaware of the conflict with Requested Rolls. I let him know about the issue tonight.

Maybe, the two creators can collab.
    Last edited by BushViper; December 8th, 2021 at 03:38.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I had absolutely no idea this extension had been abandoned until today when I started getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found) error.

I disabled both Automatic Shield Master and Automatic Save Advantage and haven't had any more problems....yet.

Also, Kent Mcullough (author of the two above extensions) was completely unaware of the conflict with Requested Rolls. I let him know about the issue tonight.

Maybe, the two creators can collab.
    For anyone reading this later, the errors were caused by turning the popup rolls option. This issue should be fixed in the upcoming updates.

V2.0-beta

I have released an updated version of Requested Rolls into the "Test" channel. This is a beta test for the a major version change and if someone had coded something to work with previous rolls, this would likely break those.
    If you don't want these changes, you should stay in "Live". However, I would appreciate any feedback, to include that it is working. Please note the list of known shortfalls and changes below before reporting something.
    See the attached picture for what the new changes look like.

New good things
    • Adds support for PFRGP2, SFRPG, and 3.5E (continues to include PFRPG and 5E)
    • Plays nice with more extensions. Specifically, Automatic Save Advantage, Automatic Shield Master, 5e Indicators
    • Console is a lot smaller and compact. Uses drop downs for the roll types. (See the picture)
    • Uses the manual rolls window to show rolls to player. Bonus: This makes this work nicely if you want this and manual rolls at the same time.
    • Does not create popup rolls when the saves don't have an opponent. i.e. When the player click save on their character sheet. (Still creates them from versus rolls.)
    • Select random will now select the character, if only one is available.

Known shortfalls
    • Does not create popups for death saving throws and concentration saving throws.
    • I have heard feedback that some users prefer the buttons. I have ideas for this, but they are not in this release.

Ideas I would like feedback on
    • Moving the hidden roll button above the drop downs and creating one consolidated field for the DC next to it. This would remove the DC fields in the individual save boxes.

RequestedRolls v2.0-beta 20211208.jpg

Thread Information