5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.81%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 58.73%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.46%
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... Last

Requested Rolls

This extension allows the GM to send a popup to players for specific specific throws to include ability checks, saves, specific dice, initiative, and skill checks. You can also set a DC and whether to hide the roll in the console.
    Optionally, this extension can cause a dialog to popup for any saving throw required. This means that when a NPC forces a saving throw, the PC is presented a button to click to actually make the roll.

This also allows modifying dice after the total is known but before FG announces if it is a success or failure. e.g. Bardic Inspiration
    Each user can also turn off dice animations.

Instruction Guide: https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls/wiki

This extension is compatible with 5E, 4E, 3.5E, 2E, PFRPG1, PFRPG2, and SFRPG.

Find this on the Forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view
    This project is on github at https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls

Known compatible extensions (no promises):
    Better Menus https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/69/view
    Combat Groups https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/154/view
    Friend Zone https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/170/view
    Hearth Theme https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/12/view

V0.1 Revival of Roll For Initiative Addon. Fixed compatibility issues with Better Menus, fixed saving throw compatibility with combat tracker effects, fixed CON abbreviation
    V1.0 First version published to Forge. Reworded options menu for clarity. Show DC now defaults to On. Various refactor in manager_action_save.
    V1.1 Popup rolls setting is now per user. Added compatibility with MNM's character sheet tweaks and SilentRuin's Combat Groups.
    V1.1.1 Bug fix for character sheet tweaks auto add
    V1.2 Add initial support for PFRPG 1E. Removed 5E from extension title. Updated slash handlers and added RRdebug command.
    V1.2.1 Fix ability check bug for 5E introduced in V1.2
    V1.2.2 Replace deprecated getActor functions to be compliant with pending ruleset updates. Restored function of adv/dis buttons on console. (Build 6)
    V2.0-beta Now works with most extensions that had issues. Added support for PFRPG2, SFRPG, and 3.5E. Reduced interface size. Uses manual rolls window for rolls. Does not create popups when you click saves on character sheet. Currently does not create popups for concentration or death saving throws.
    V2.0-beta.1 Closes popup window automatically after completing last roll. Creates popup for concentration and death saving throw. Fixed various logic errors with popups and skill rolls. Added snazzy new expandable button trays to the main console page. Add ability for end user to add custom skills, abbreviations for console buttons, and select which rolls show on the console.
    V2.0-rc Add ability to add buttons and skills separately. Numerous behind the scenes adjustments. Better display information when no skills, etc... are selected for the drop down boxes.
    V2.0 Fix issue with hidden rolls throwing errors on host
    V2.1 Fix issue with subskills other than knowledge not performing lookups. Add ability for client to add modifiers to roll after it is displayed.
    V2.2 Fix error for adding proficiency to skill rolls in 5E. Add help button with link to GitHub wiki. Implement state memory for expander trays.
    V2.3 Add indicator to token when they have rolls to do. Add DC fields to each expander. Add ability to click a button in an expander tray to roll (optional). Add ability to link DC fields (optional). Add ability to hide expander trays. Fix hidden NPCs now roll to tower for all roll types.
    V2.3.1 Add provisional support for 4E. Fix error encountered while adding custom roll types on options page.
    V2.3.2 Minor interface changes, load order increased to 5, bugfixes for February ruleset updates
    V2.3.3 Bugfix for March ruleset update
    V2.4 Implement auto roll option for GM, deselect on roll option, match targeting to active CT, auto-hide option for manual dice entry option, Add PFRPG stabilization to popup roll checks
    V2.4.1 Bugfixes and code cleanup. Moved desktop modifiers option to correct area. Partial support for player controlled NPCs in 5E via FriendZone. Deprecate non-JSON rolls
    V2.4.2 Fixed issue where NPCs could be owned by NPCs with Friendzone. Enabled support for non-5E ruleset NPCs via Cohorts and Companions
    V2.4.3 Finished adding NPC support for VS rolls. Deprecate use modifiers after roll option
    V2.4.4 Bug fix from v2.4.3
    V2.5 Remove support for non-JSON rolls. Add support for ongoing saves from BetterCombatEffects.
    V2.5.1 Bug fix for adding advantage to rolls with bonus dice after the popup is shown
    V2.6 Add indicator to portrait of character with current initiative. Remove option to not apply modifiers after roll is shown. Add right click to portrait to make all rolls. Add roll type registration for other extensions to register popups.
    V2.7 Add support for DnD 2E
    V2.8 Add ability for GM to delete a character's pending rolls. Add support for user defined dice rolls (includes advanced strings)
    V2.9 Add ability to drag and drop rolls from the manual rolls window to the tower or chat.
    V2.10-beta Add staged rolls capability.
    V2.10-beta.1 Add instant dice capability.
    V2.10-beta.2 Bug fix
    V2.10-beta.3 When an identifier has a colon after it with a dice string e.g. BardicInspiration:3d6, the player can now double click it to automatically roll the dice and add them to the staged roll and it expires the effect from their character.
    V2.10 Full support for staged rolls and instant dice. Moved staged rolls into manual rolls window.
    V2.11 Staged rolls now roll actual dice. Staged roll reason can now be dragged to chat to trigger it. Ctrl+click the re-roll buttons in the staged roll window to automatically replace the die rather than just display in chat.
    V2.11.1 Bug fix for list editor changes.
    V2.12 Add support for CoreRPG. See the wiki for instructions.
    V2.12.1 Bug fixes.
    V2.12.2 Fix death saving throw for 4E.
    V2.12.3 Resolved issues from June update. Misc bug fixes.

This replaced Roll for Initiative Addon by Houndy at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ontested-skill. That project had not been updated in over one year and had multiple breaking issues.

RequestedRolls v2.0 console 20211220.jpg
    Last edited by mccartysr; June 17th, 2023 at 06:10. Reason: Updated verison notes

Issues are welcome at https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls/issues
    Please make sure you are using the most recent version of FGU and the extension and include the following info.

What other extensions are you using. Determine the problematic extension, if you are not running plain FGU.

What is the problem?

Try to describe the steps to recreate the error.

If possible please copy and paste your console log.

KNOWN INCOMPATIBLE EXTENSIONS: (not an exhaustive list)
    None currently known as of v2.9
    Last edited by mccartysr; November 5th, 2022 at 21:28. Reason: Updated compatibility

Oh wow, someone ia stepping up. Great work!
    I'll add support to my theme asap!

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Nice, Thanks for working on this.

Very cool. Ran it tonight and it is working great!

I would really like to resolve these conflicts so I can turn on the manual option for the players.

For everyone's awareness, I do not have these other extensions, as I use very few, and thus cannot troubleshoot them directly.

Awesome job - can't wait to try it out!

most of the time, there is very little a New extention can do to become compatibly with an older extention. as the problem is with the older one.

Still , one can hope that the Devs of the Other extentions, will update theirs

Thread Information