5E Character Create Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 43 of 49 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Hi. I'm having an issue where when I try to make a player do a requested roll, it's rolling for them automatically.

Flow: NPC casts spell that requires Saving Throw (I double click the spell save cast option for the NPC in the Combat Tracker) -> The roll flies out right after without a prompt for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by VayneBK201 View Post
    Hi. I'm having an issue where when I try to make a player do a requested roll, it's rolling for them automatically.

Flow: NPC casts spell that requires Saving Throw (I double click the spell save cast option for the NPC in the Combat Tracker) -> The roll flies out right after without a prompt for the player.
    Has the player turned on the option to prompt other to till saves? (They need to) Are you using other extensions?

Oh okay thanks. I'll look into that. I didn't ask them to check any other options so that's probably it. I do know that if I use the Requested Rolls section and select the details of the save, it works, but I didn't realize there was another option to click. Must have missed seeing that when I looked through things before. Will check back in if it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    This already works. You have to add the roll types to a staged roll entry. You can determine the types by dragging the result bubbles from the chat onto the entry for staged roll you are trying to configure. They are "genactroll" and "genactresult". You then just have to add the identifier you want it to look for on the character and the type of identifier (effect, trait, etc...).
    Thank you. I will give it a try.

V2.12.1

Version 2.12.1

Feedback is welcome.

I didn't realize until my last session, but the DC of a requested skill check roll is displayed to the players, though the DC of a requested save is not. The option "Chat: show results to client" is Off, so I'd expect the DC for neither to be displayed. Is displaying the DC intentional and if so, is there a way to turn it off? This is 5E with no other extensions loaded.

Save and Skill Check.png

I know I can hide the roll completely - ideally they could see what they rolled (don't mind a success/failure indication or not) but not the DC.
    Last edited by GKEnialb; May 3rd, 2023 at 03:40.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    I didn't realize until my last session, but the DC of a requested skill check roll is displayed to the players, though the DC of a requested save is not. The option "Chat: show results to client" is Off, so I'd expect the DC for neither to be displayed. Is displaying the DC intentional and if so, is there a way to turn it off? This is 5E with no other extensions loaded.

Save and Skill Check.png

I know I can hide the roll completely - ideally they could see what they rolled (don't mind a success/failure indication or not) but not the DC.
    I believe that is base 5E behavior, and I do not modify it. Skills and saves differ in the way 5E handles them for display.

Does this extension work with damned's XCore universal ruleset?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Does this extension work with damned's XCore universal ruleset?
    I do not have it currently enabled for XCore. Cursory review indicates that most functionality similar to CoreRPG is possible such as rolling specific dice and the other features such as dice rolling suppression and staged rolls work. It is not currently possible to do the lookups for stats like in CoreRPG or use abilities as triggers for staged rolls. Full support generally requires I have access to the ruleset code and XCore is installed in the vault.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    I believe that is base 5E behavior, and I do not modify it. Skills and saves differ in the way 5E handles them for display.
    Okay, makes sense. Thanks, anyway.

Thread Information