DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 9 of 49 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Like the extension this was based off of, is there a console command that can be used to bring up the window (if we didn't want to have it displayed on the right side)?
    Use the command /RR to display all available slash commands for RR. This command is displayed in chat during initial load if you forget it. That will list the command you are looking for to chat.(can't remember off the top of head)

Is this extension going to be made for pathfinder 2e. I noticed in the forge it runs basically for all major rulesets besides pathfinder 2e.

Quote Originally Posted by toastsniffer187 View Post
    Is this extension going to be made for pathfinder 2e. I noticed in the forge it runs basically for all major rulesets besides pathfinder 2e.
    I will probably get around to it. I will have to see how the beta release for PFRPG 1E goes, and finish implementing 3.5E. PFRPG 2E is more problematic because it is not built off of the 3.5E ruleset.

Ran into an issue with Requesting an ability check. I request the check, the min they click the roll button they get this error. Saves, skills and INT all work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    I will probably get around to it. I will have to see how the beta release for PFRPG 1E goes, and finish implementing 3.5E. PFRPG 2E is more problematic because it is not built off of the 3.5E ruleset.
    Sweet. I know a lot of people who will appreciate it, as the system is rather popular now a days. Looking forward to it. I had used the original RFI extension for 5E with the PF2E ruleset. Some of the skill rolls would work and some wouldnt, quit using it in hopes someone would make the same thing for PF2E

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Ran into an issue with Requesting an ability check. I request the check, the min they click the roll button they get this error. Saves, skills and INT all work.
    I've uploaded the correction for SW approval. I'll release as soon I get notified. It was a change I forgot to put into an if statement for the PFRPG roll out.

edit: released
    Last edited by mccartysr; November 8th, 2021 at 02:09.

I am pushing changes in v1.2.2 for compatibility with the new ruleset updates, so people running in test should now be able to use this extension. This also fixed an issue where adv/dis on the console were not correctly applying the modifiers.

Figured I would post an update of what I am working on.

The old roll model for the extension was pretty convoluted, so I have been working on rewriting the core of the extension to make it manageable for smaller screens.

• Now uses the built in modifiers on the desktop.
    • Console is much smaller since drop downs are used instead of buttons. Also, vastly simplifies adding additional ability and skill types.
    • Now uses the Manual Rolls window to display the requested rolls. This means it plays nicely if you are using Manual Rolls. I could update this in the future, but for now it works.

I plan to upload a beta test version to the test channel sometime after the December rulesets are released.

RequestedRolls format change in progress 20211202.jpg

Also, this has passed 500 subscribers, so that is pretty neat.
    Last edited by mccartysr; December 2nd, 2021 at 05:32.

Hi,

firstly could I just extend my thanks for taking up the challenge of maintaining and developing this extension, it's very much appreciated. Using it has been a real boon for my tables.

With that said, I'd like to please request that the changes to the interface proposed above be provided in a forked variant of the extension. As I've now subscribed to the extension on Forge any updates to the extension would seem to be on an update or lose it basis (I still don't think the Forge allows you to suspend updates without also hiding the extension? I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong?) and I would very much prefer to keep using the extension with the present interface, but still maintained going forwards.

Personally, I find the interface with all buttons exposed is an incredibly quick and intuitive way to leverage the amount of functionality the extension provides. I really fear that having to use drop down menus for checks, especially those that are happening fairly often (perception, stealth) will necessarily be slower, and, whilst I love using this in game, and my players really appreciate the game flow it enables, I think that would force us to move away from using the extension, which would be a huge shame. As the interface can be easily opened and closed by dragging to a hot-key slot (F3 in my game) I have never worried about the screen real-estate it uses, but feel that any development that ends up reducing the speed and ease of use would be unfortunate.

Sorry if I'm not enthused about the coming changes, but understand that this comes from someone who absolutely loves this extension, and really does appreciate the work you've put into it (I was a user of the original extension as soon as it became available for 5e and was truly gutted when it became unusable at our table, so thanks again), and would love to keep using it as you develop it further.

Cheers,

Simon

Thread Information