5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.44%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

38 59.38%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.19%
Page 29 of 48 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last
    I run five games a week, all of them have at least one novice player, and this extension is a life-saver AND a time-saver. When you introduced the manual rolls window, I was hesitant, but it seriously took everyone one session to figure it out. All I had to do was say, "don't click the checkmark, click the d20 above it," and we moved on. I have found that if the players don't want this prompt, they won't learn how to use it, so I just explain how much it helps me and they get on board. There's still one player that is savvy around his character sheet and doesn't mind hunting for the right thing to click, so I just ask him, "do you want a prompt?" Interestingly, he's trustworthy and sometimes rolls manually anyway, so the interface was not new to him.

This extension languished for more than a year before you volunteered to pick it up, mccartysr. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Things I don't like.
    • People comparing my work to excrement
    • Reporting errors without any details
    • Non-specific complaining
    • Describing your subjective preferences as objective
    I'm sorry if my comment came across as if I dislike this extension or its direction. My sincere apologies.

Just some feedback ... awesome Extension, and thanks for all the hard work !!! - much appreciated

Mav
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Hi, It used to work, but now I am having trouble getting the pc roll window to appear. I have that setting on, but when I click the die it rolls immediately rather than popping up a client request. Have I forgotten how to request rather than rolling myself?

Also if I want to make a hidden unanimated secret roll for a player, how can I stop the animation for my rolls. The setting for dice animation at the top of options does not seem to help.

Thanks
    Web

I ❤️ the extension

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, It used to work, but now I am having trouble getting the pc roll window to appear. I have that setting on, but when I click the die it rolls immediately rather than popping up a client request. Have I forgotten how to request rather than rolling myself?

Also if I want to make a hidden unanimated secret roll for a player, how can I stop the animation for my rolls. The setting for dice animation at the top of options does not seem to help.

Thanks
    Web

I ❤️ the extension
    Good Day webdove
    I believe there is an option on the players side they need to turn on to get the window for them to roll.

just asking here, if I load the extention as DM, and dont tell my players to change ANYHTHING in settings, then absolutly nothing changes?
    so i can have only a few players change, and the others that "couldn't be bothered to click a mouse any more than they already are" would not have to change a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post

Thanks
    Web

I ❤️ the extension
    It rolling immediately is not me. The dice animation setting isn't vanilla FG, but I would love to know what extension is doing it because that might be the culprit. If you could test your extensions and narrow down the culprit, please let me know.
    Last edited by mccartysr; January 23rd, 2022 at 01:51.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreM View Post
    just asking here, if I load the extention as DM, and dont tell my players to change ANYHTHING in settings, then absolutly nothing changes?
    so i can have only a few players change, and the others that "couldn't be bothered to click a mouse any more than they already are" would not have to change a thing?
    Mostly true. They will get the popups you send, but the system won't generate any of the automatic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    It rolling immediately is not me. The dice animation setting isn't vanilla FG, but I would love to know what extension is doing it because that might be the culprit. If you could test your extensions and narrow down the culprit, please let me know.
    Called Instant Dice
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347...s-Instant-Dice

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Thank you. I reached out to the author about the issue. I'm pretty sure it's that we both override actionsmanager.roll()

Thread Information