DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Does an extension that changes colours hit miss in chat exist?

Every session there are several moments where we have to really look at the chat log to see what attack hits, and what missed. Especially for 9 attack nagas, and critical hits, miss chance, etc.
    Does anybody know of an extension that makes this easier? Either by a summary in the chat, or change colours in the chat if the attack missed, hit or critical hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Every session there are several moments where we have to really look at the chat log to see what attack hits, and what missed. Especially for 9 attack nagas, and critical hits, miss chance, etc.
    Does anybody know of an extension that makes this easier? Either by a summary in the chat, or change colours in the chat if the attack missed, hit or critical hit.
    I think that dellanx had some extension doing that, I think it was here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post597224

Alternatively, I could add a setting to allow the "save" overlays to affect martial arts, too (since their code also checks spell attacks etc; I would just need to allow weapon attacks in the code, too), in case you use my extension

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I think that dellanx had some extension doing that, I think it was here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post597224

Alternatively, I could add a setting to allow the "save" overlays to affect martial arts, too (since their code also checks spell attacks etc; I would just need to allow weapon attacks in the code, too), in case you use my extension
    Yes I do use your extension. I will try out dellanx extension, it looks promising.

Thank you, I was pretty sure I had seen this at one time, but I could not remember where.

Yes I do use your extension.
    (actually, I am of course aware that you use it by your great comments in my threads; but I always feel so "arrogant" if I simply assume that someone still uses my extension Therefore I then write "in case you use my extension" I hope you do not think I forgot that you commented in my threads )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    (actually, I am of course aware that you use it by your great comments in my threads; but I always feel so "arrogant" if I simply assume that someone still uses my extension Therefore I then write "in case you use my extension" I hope you do not think I forgot that you commented in my threads )
    I'd say you can afford it, since you actually made one of the BEST extensions EVER (all the goodies in that full overlay are basically NEEDED to play decently.. I wonder why they haven't been actually implemented as the standards in FG)

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I'd say you can afford it, since you actually made one of the BEST extensions EVER (all the goodies in that full overlay are basically NEEDED to play decently.. I wonder why they haven't been actually implemented as the standards in FG)
    hehe, thanks for the words

I get a sword icon in chat for an attack and if it is a plain sword, it is a miss, and if there is a red star or explosion near the tip, that is a hit. I've now come to the point that I just look for that and rarely check the text and math. Not as fancy as colored highlighted text. I can't recall if a critical does something more to the sword icon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    I get a sword icon in chat for an attack and if it is a plain sword, it is a miss, and if there is a red star or explosion near the tip, that is a hit. I've now come to the point that I just look for that and rarely check the text and math. Not as fancy as colored highlighted text. I can't recall if a critical does something more to the sword icon though.
    Now I feel kind of stupid. After several years with fantasy grounds, none of us has noticed this. Thank you
    It helps, but it is still open for improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas
    'd say you can afford it, since you actually made one of the BEST extensions EVER (all the goodies in that full overlay are basically NEEDED to play decently.. I wonder why they haven't been actually implemented as the standards in FG)
    I do agree. You have earned the right to be a bit more arrogant after your great extensions Kel.

Now I feel kind of stupid. After several years with fantasy grounds, none of us has noticed this. Thank you

I do agree. You have earned the right to be a bit more arrogant after your great extensions Kel.
    Definitely improvements may be made. Here is my latest edit. All 5 icons seem to work, just change file type to "ext". I use it with Kel's wonderful extension.
    Better Icons 2 - Edited Image.zip

Also this is the script for color changing for saves, I could not figure out how to do same for SR CLC checks.
    Spell Save Font v 1.2 - Edited Icons.zip

Enjoy, and if anyone may improve feel free to do so.
    Last edited by dellanx; September 7th, 2021 at 00:33.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Your passive perception score is a bit low and that happens to the best of us. I went in and looked and you probably already caught this, but a normal hit comes with a little teeny tiny H and a Crit will show a little teeny tiny C next to the sword.

Thread Information