FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 20 of 38 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    I think a fresh set of icons more in line of what modern UIs are using ("3 dot" menus, trash cans for deletion, pencils for edit) would already help a lot.

I believe I saw the map/draw tools have icons like that (I watched a class at the FG Academy last night on it). I’m liking the latest look especially the menu at on the right.

The input field of the chat window should be more obvious, my players never know where to enter text…

Quote Originally Posted by Locotomo View Post
    The input field of the chat window should be more obvious, my players never know where to enter text…
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Personally I've had 100s of people playing in my games (I run a PickUp style gaming group for 5E) and no one has never said this. However, if you feel it should be added to FGU, there is a link above where you can make it a suggestion and it might be added. More votes = more power.

I agree that one of the major hurdles in FG is simply recognising which fields are editable. A blinking text caret should be implemented everywhere, for every field, in every ruleset and every theme.

Within the limitations of rulesets and themes, visually differentiating editable fields in another way would be very helpful too. Slightly blacker text than non-editable fields, or slightly different shade of background for these fields, for example. Anything that would provide an at-a-glance difference between places which can be clicked and the text edited vs. places where it cannot.

Cheers, Hywel

Quote Originally Posted by HywelPhillips View Post
    I agree that one of the major hurdles in FG is simply recognising which fields are editable. A blinking text caret should be implemented everywhere, for every field, in every ruleset and every theme.

Within the limitations of rulesets and themes, visually differentiating editable fields in another way would be very helpful too. Slightly blacker text than non-editable fields, or slightly different shade of background for these fields, for example. Anything that would provide an at-a-glance difference between places which can be clicked and the text edited vs. places where it cannot.

Cheers, Hywel
    You can easy change this with a theme. Also you might want to just try other themes that people have posted. Also try other themes than the default one.

I actually like the default themes. It doesńt matter if Savage Worlds, D&D5e, PF2nd or Starfinder.
    I dońt want to try other themes. I made a remark that I like a better text window. Maybe it will be implemented or maybe not.
    I like both VTT´s FGU and Foundry. PF2nd is a blast with Foundry and for me Starfinder is only playable with FGU.

Regards, Loco

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If you have used FGU in the past it is not under the user name you are currently using. If you wish to be given credence for such experience, then it would be best not to use an account you created just to argue the benefits of Foundry. Such behavior can be seen as creating a throw-away account for the purpose of trolling. And will not be looked upon kindly.

You hold a common misconception, because something is publicly accessible does not mean it is a public resource. This forum is not a public resource, it is privately owned by SmiteWorks. They pay for it and maintain it and they get to decide what it is used for. And the purpose they provide this for is as a resource for users of Fantasy Grounds, i.e. the FG Community. The FG Community welcomes respectful discussions that benefits the Community.

If you wish to contribute respectfully to this forum in a way that benefits the FG Community, please do so. If you don't wish to do so, please refrain from posting here.
    Your assumption about me and that misconception is not correct. while i understand that it is indeed common, and someone in moderation is bound to lean on assumptions, it doesn't stop you having made a mistake in this case. Much like a Bar is a Public space which doesn't mean it is property of random joe that walks in, i am very aware how IT works, for a very long time now. My point was not to debate moderation publicly either, which again, is a flawed interpretation from you. The point i was making is that you have no qualms with attacking, and preventing a response from someone being dogpiled on while they are down, being indifferent to those dragging the situation down to that. In name of propaganda. Rather than have an open civil discussion about a topic, and enforcing that instead of a campaign against someone's credibility. My credence would have changed responses and be counter productive.

speaking of, my market research venture in this forum has been very informative, and the purposes of that have been achieved. the people I work with will be moving forward with our previous insights into the TTRPG digital space and we all wish you the best for your TTRPG related time.
    I appreciate the professionalism of the FG dev that spoke on topic, in the conversation i was a part of, a very different attitude than some other examples.
    It was precisely the "Flag bearer" voices that were of interest to us, as they are the best encapsulation of the hardcore audience's views, under a certain light. It has become clear, in the past events, that some users are best remaining on some platforms since they serve as the prime showcase of why to use something else.
    The ever pervasive and present flood of FGU users begging for features in every public conversation about FGU are very telling of another big portion of the userbase and status quo. It's a bit annoying to try and have conversations and always assist these users jumping at the chance to beg for mostly things from a past age of the modern digital industry.

to posters like loco among others, thank you for your positive participation.

to the Jiminimonkas out there, you can rest easy, you have vanquished the foe! you may cross the bridges ahead in peace, my work here is finished.
    in less than 20 years i will be in a room much like the one i am now, among laughter and pity regarding some words we will see then.

to all, have a nice day, nicer TTRPG playing and don't forget to love each other, even those that you despise.

Nope. I'm still not seeing your point.

At the end of the day Strei you have made a total of 11 posts and all are only in this thread and all are "advertising" Foundry.

Whilst this thread is about comparing VTTs therefore some leeway can granted to promoting Foundry, in the last 24 hours you have been reported twice (not by people posting in this thread) as being a Foundry Troll.

It seems you have departed and I am not sure you will be missed, but while open discussion is encouraged, I suspect anyone repeating your statements on the Foundry Discord (I assume it has one, I have never looked) would get a more hostile response I suspect. If you have really departed then you will not read this, but if you are still out there, enjoy Foundry and let us enjoy FGU, and we can all agree to disagree about the best VTT.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information