STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Fizban's treasury of dragons gets support almost immediately.....

Yet here we are well over 2 months later still waiting for Secrets of Magic for PF2.

This is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkenGruven View Post
    Fizban's treasury of dragons gets support almost immediately.....

Yet here we are well over 2 months later still waiting for Secrets of Magic for PF2.

This is getting ridiculous.
    Different rulesets, different content developers with different real life distractions and overall product development priorities. If you weren't aware, FG DLC products are produced by community developers, not full time SmiteWorks employees. Sometimes real life has serious impacts on our ability to convert large, complex products.

Ridiculousness and real life shenanigans aside, Secrets of Magic is nearly complete - just some ruleset changes needed; so that means we need to wait for the current core beta test to be complete before we can put it into test and QA review. Latest update on the beta test here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post627791
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Different rulesets, different content developers with different real life distractions and overall product development priorities. If you weren't aware, FG DLC products are produced by community developers, not full time SmiteWorks employees. Sometimes real life has serious impacts on our ability to convert large, complex products.

Ridiculousness and real life shenanigans aside, Secrets of Magic is nearly complete - just some ruleset changes needed; so that means we need to wait for the current core beta test to be complete before we can put it into test and QA review. Latest update on the beta test here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post627791
    Does the "ruleset changes needed" mean SoM will release with a way to sync player and eidolon hp automatically?

Trenloe will be able to answer that better, kaernunnos, but it took a lot of work just to get automation in for the new classes, all those new spells, plus the feats, etc. I know Tren would love nothing better than to have the time to do a full revamp on the whole Familiar, Companion, Eidolon aspect of PF2, but that's a significant project and with all the changes to Core, the long list of items previously in his list for this next big Ruleset Release, I didn't even ask for that change because there's a lot that would go into it.

What I will do, though, is everything I can to support Secrets of Magic to help bridge the gap until the day comes when it's not needed. So, expect to see a Secrets of Magic: Compendium soon, and for those aspects that aren't currently automated, we can discuss approaches to implementing them by hand in the meantime. I have already added all the Eidolon in the drag-n-drop companions module, so having their stats and uses available will be there and I am sure there are some clever approaches to getting some of the odd rules to work on FGU that will make it all work in the end

Hope that answered your question, at least as far as I can give as the person who tackled tacking on that puppy.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Can't wait! Just let us know when it drops in the store!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you weren't aware, FG DLC products are produced by community developers, not full time SmiteWorks employees.
    Just out of curiosity, how would someone move towards becoming a community developer, or help contribute to Fantasy Grounds development? I'm not applying, what with my ~10 posts or so, lol, but just wondering. I tried scanning stickied threads across a few of the forum categories but didn't see anything obvious. Thanks again for all the updates and help!

Quote Originally Posted by JkCaron View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would someone move towards becoming a community developer, or help contribute to Fantasy Grounds development? I'm not applying, what with my ~10 posts or so, lol, but just wondering. I tried scanning stickied threads across a few of the forum categories but didn't see anything obvious. Thanks again for all the updates and help!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Trenloe will be able to answer that better, kaernunnos, but it took a lot of work just to get automation in for the new classes, all those new spells, plus the feats, etc. I know Tren would love nothing better than to have the time to do a full revamp on the whole Familiar, Companion, Eidolon aspect of PF2, but that's a significant project and with all the changes to Core, the long list of items previously in his list for this next big Ruleset Release, I didn't even ask for that change because there's a lot that would go into it.

What I will do, though, is everything I can to support Secrets of Magic to help bridge the gap until the day comes when it's not needed. So, expect to see a Secrets of Magic: Compendium soon, and for those aspects that aren't currently automated, we can discuss approaches to implementing them by hand in the meantime. I have already added all the Eidolon in the drag-n-drop companions module, so having their stats and uses available will be there and I am sure there are some clever approaches to getting some of the odd rules to work on FGU that will make it all work in the end

Hope that answered your question, at least as far as I can give as the person who tackled tacking on that puppy.
    I knew it was a long shot before a major release.

@ Devs: Our Group wants to start the Strength of Thousands AP in january. We need the Secrets of Magic module for this. Please tell me if the release of the module needs weeks or rather months. If this takes too long we would use work-a-rounds, otherwise we would just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Meckerdrache81 View Post
    @ Devs: Our Group wants to start the Strength of Thousands AP in january. We need the Secrets of Magic module for this. Please tell me if the release of the module needs weeks or rather months. If this takes too long we would use work-a-rounds, otherwise we would just wait.
    Welcome to the FG forums. Hopefully it will only be a case of weeks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information