Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Update error pulling down 4.1.5 on Intel MacBookPro

Just letting the updater do its thing, I see it download and attempt to process the 4.1.4->4.1.5 update, but I get two "Unable to save file" errors during the process (will attach a screenshot and attempt to transcribe, below). The application *appears* to run fine afterward, but it does go through the full update download/apply any time you run a subsequent update. So I presume it knows that *something* is still amiss

Errors:
    HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib/designable.nib)
    HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib/keyedobjects.nib)

Machine:
    2017 Intel 15" MacBookPro
    OSX 11.5.2
    Ultimate License
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lonejedi; August 26th, 2021 at 01:54.
    -Lone Jedi
    (Jason)
    Savage Worlds Evangelist and Monkey of Coding

Thanks for the report, passed this along to Moon Wizard
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Was the hotfix today supposed to fix it? Just received the same error.

2019 MacBook Pro
    OS 11.4
    Ultimate license

The update, to my knowledge, was related to the text highlighting and the inability to roll damage on NPC sheets.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The update, to my knowledge, was related to the text highlighting and the inability to roll damage on NPC sheets.
    It doesn't give much away.

"A hot fix was pushed today to address a text hover API issue, as well as older Mac support."

Regards,
    JPG

No, the hot fix today was for the client only; not the updater. This issue is still being looked at for an updater fix.

Regards,
    JPG

I saw the same message during the update. Game seems to run fine although i haven't run a live session with it, just prep.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Was this the bug I reported last week?
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    Was this the bug I reported last week?
    Yes, this is in relation to that report
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Having the same issue on my Mac book

Machine:
    2014 Intel 13" MacBookPro
    OSX 10.12.6
    Ultimate License

Here is a snippet from the log if helpful

e: SaveFile - System.IO.IOException: Cannot create /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib because a file with the same name already exists.
    at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x0006a] in <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000] in <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create()
    at FileManager.SaveStreamToFile (System.IO.Stream str, System.String sFile, Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] fileStreams, System.String sProduct) [0x00027] in <3128def7b86349d3a9fdfc34fb60a873>:0
    HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib/designable.nib)
    e: SaveFile - System.IO.IOException: Cannot create /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib because a file with the same name already exists.
    at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x0006a] in <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000] in <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create()

Thread Information