STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 30 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    I posted elsewhere so apologies for a double question. I wasn't certain where this one needed to go. I thought this ruleset was actually just going to be a mod for SWADE. All of my other resources are listed under the other rule set. Is there any way to consolidate all of these mods so I don't have to do a significant amount of copying and pasting back and forth? Essentially either convert the ruleset over to a SWADE mod or make it so that SWADE mods can be loaded into this ruleset?
    IT was a license requirement that it was a separate ruleset.

But we were allowed to make a work around just could not be part of the package.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/108/view

Be warned SWPF is not SWADE, things are slightly different, I do not know (yet) what might break, but they are close enough that everything should almost work
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Do you own the SWADE ruleset?

The reason I ask is SWPF is built on top of that, (you should not need it) but it might be the way Smiteworks have packaged it and they need to fix it.
    I do not and it was also my impression this was supposed to be its own rule set, not requiring SWADE. At least that is how the print/PDF copy are sold.

Has anyone else loaded this without owning SWADE ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by roguebyte View Post
    I do not and it was also my impression this was supposed to be its own rule set, not requiring SWADE. At least that is how the print/PDF copy are sold.

It's complicated :s

SWPF is it's own ruleset because of a config file that says it is, it still needs SWADE to actually work.

This is how SWD works, which is why when you bought SWD you got a copy of the SWADE ruleset but none of the modules.

So Smiteworks need to tweak things in the package, I'll let them know - it is interesting no-one noticed up to now - sorry about that.

How the layering goes from top to bottom:

SWPF
    SWADE
    CORE
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

But we were allowed to make a work around just could not be part of the package.

Be warned SWPF is not SWADE, things are slightly different, I do not know (yet) what might break, but they are close enough that everything should almost work
    That's fair enough. I'm not sure why licensing had to do that considering that the ruleset that is very open-ended in saying that you can use any other Savage Worlds product with it. But that's just some attorney's idiocy when they wrote the agreement. I'll play around with the extension and give you feedback as I need to. But thank you. I appreciate consideration for the work around greatly...

So Smiteworks need to tweak things in the package, I'll let them know - it is interesting no-one noticed up to now - sorry about that.
    Those of us who kick-started it just got our keys today.

Blog Entries
    Can those of you without SWADE please try running an Update and let us know if the issue is now fixed for you. The product should be able to operate as a stand-alone without any additional purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by roguebyte View Post

Sorry you have this issue, but you ARE the first to discover it (it seems all the testers had a copy of SWADE), Smiteworks are going to resolve this ASAP.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    That's fair enough. I'm not sure why licensing had to do that considering that the ruleset that is very open-ended in saying that you can use any other Savage Worlds product with it. But that's just some attorney's idiocy when they wrote the agreement. I'll play around with the extension and give you feedback as I need to. But thank you. I appreciate consideration for the work around greatly...
    It's more about the fact that when you buy the SWPF rulebook it is all you need to play the game and thus the FGU ruleset should be the same

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Doswelk, thank you... Finally playing around with it now... This is what I needed... Much, much obliged...

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Can those of you without SWADE please try running an Update and let us know if the issue is now fixed for you. The product should be able to operate as a stand-alone without any additional purchases.
    Yup, it works now!

Thanks for the quick response on this.

Thread Information