DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 30 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Ditto. Thanks for walking me through it, Springroll. Works great!!

There are cases (Sidekick or Beastmaster twice) in which a player can have a Wild Card ally, but I don't see a way for the player to view or use those bennies. As far as I can tell, the only place they are visible is on the GM combat tracker. It would be helpful if the player could at least know how many the ally had, even if the GM was the only one who could use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Moto View Post
    For multiple attackers attacking a combatant with a shield, is there an option to replicate the loss of a parry bonus other than unequipping the shield for the respective attacks?

Or is there an easier mechanic to replicate this (eg. something that can be activated on the mini-sheet?) Maybe I'm missing that option if it is there.
    That was thrown in there to simulate flanking in first edition Pathfinder. With Savage Worlds it didn't really work for me at the physical gaming table.

This rule was then very quickly dismissed in playtesting Pathfinder on FG. We actually did think of coding something but whole thing became very subjective. Running off the original PDF version 1. The rule applied per action group or was ignored depending tactical postion. It was the defenders call on when you would apply penalty. To make matters worse there was already the process people used for handling cover bonus under SWADE. Unequipping the shield for the respective attacks that bypassed cover bonus. So we ignored the problem and hoped nobody noticed.

The fastest work around for the GM that did want more automation was to give a bonus to hit. Have "+2 no shield" on the tool bar and it will do the same job. You use that button when it applies.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    That was thrown in there to simulate flanking in first edition Pathfinder. With Savage Worlds it didn't really work for me at the physical gaming table.

This rule was then very quickly dismissed in playtesting Pathfinder on FG. We actually did think of coding something but whole thing became very subjective. Running off the original PDF version 1. The rule applied per action group or was ignored depending tactical postion. It was the defenders call on when you would apply penalty. To make matters worse there was already the process people used for handling cover bonus under SWADE. Unequipping the shield for the respective attacks that bypassed cover bonus. So we ignored the problem and hoped nobody noticed.

The fastest work around for the GM that did want more automation was to give a bonus to hit. Have "+2 no shield" on the tool bar and it will do the same job. You use that button when it applies.
    Thanks for the background and the work-around. Very interesting to see where and how some elements don't always transfer seamlessly at first.

You folks are doing a tremendous job getting the products into our hands.
    Rulesets:
    GURPS 4th Edition, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, Savage Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Classic D&D, 5e Essentials

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Moto View Post
    You folks are doing a tremendous job getting the products into our hands.
    I just get experimented on a bit.

I can't take any credit for anything. It all goes to Doswelk and Ikael for giving us nice things.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Rojek View Post
    Would it be possible to add a Stream Template in the draw pointers menu?
    It is already (technically), Stream is a straight line one inch wide, i.e. the standard pointer.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

That's an OK workaround, but it would be nice to have the inch-wide rectangular template. I have one particular player who loves template attacks, and we all have a good time watching him expertly place a template to hit the absolute maximum number of targets. I love SWADE for AOE attacks; if the template touches the target, it hits. There's no argument about partial coverage by the template or anything like that. The line pointer can be somewhat of a judgment case if they are attacking a diagonal. It's not a huge imposition using the line attack. But it would be nice if we could get the full template to rule out those edge cases definitively.

Even if it can't be added, I just wanted to say we love our playthrough of Runelords. I've purchased a good bit of Savage Worlds Fantasy Grounds content over the last few years, and Runelords is by far the most satisfying content drop I've picked up so far. Thanks for all of the hard work.

That's an OK workaround, but it would be nice to have the inch-wide rectangular template. I have one particular player who loves template attacks, and we all have a good time watching him expertly place a template to hit the absolute maximum number of targets. I love SWADE for AOE attacks; if the template touches the target, it hits. There's no argument about partial coverage by the template or anything like that. The line pointer can be somewhat of a judgment case if they are attacking a diagonal. It's not a huge imposition using the line attack. But it would be nice if we could get the full template to rule out those edge cases definitively.
    I understand, I asked and was was told use the pointer (there was an old thread somewhere that explained how to make additional pointers, but I did not understand the spline code so gave up trying) - that said this was YEARS ago and for Classic and may not work for FGU (even if you can find the thread!)

Even if it can't be added, I just wanted to say we love our playthrough of Runelords. I've purchased a good bit of Savage Worlds Fantasy Grounds content over the last few years, and Runelords is by far the most satisfying content drop I've picked up so far. Thanks for all of the hard work.
    Runelords is without a doubt the most labour intensive SW product I have ever done, I decided it had to be as feature rich as the original FG D20 version of it was, that meant A LOT of "extra" work compared to usual adventures e.g. parcels for "all" (think I may have missed some minor ones) NPCs gear. Add to the fact that unlike most SWADE modules this one has maps!

We have finished "play-testing" burnt offerings and have started Skinsaw murders, this is finding lots of niggling issues that I am unhappy with (and some mistakes), but I am sure people will get ahead of us, so please let me know any issues you find, I know this will not help you, but any other GM following behind will benefit.

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I saw Doswelk demo a Savage Pathfinder "magic item creator" extension on-stream a week or two ago... has that been "published" here on the forums, yet?
    -Lone Jedi
    (Jason)
    Savage Worlds Evangelist and Monkey of Coding

Quote Originally Posted by lonejedi View Post
    I saw Doswelk demo a Savage Pathfinder "magic item creator" extension on-stream a week or two ago... has that been "published" here on the forums, yet?
    Not yet. Still a WIP.

Thread Information